ms2 v3 on obd1 2.9 vr6 TURBO

einsereier
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: ms2 v3 on obd1 2.9 vr6 coilpack

Post by einsereier »

killed my second coilpack... one melted and on the other the ecm is not working on coil 1&6. im going to put 3 bip 373 in the controller. anyone got the schematics for this so i get it right?

kent
Lapkritis
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Lapkritis »

http://msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2-Ext ... htm#3coils

I run this on my 12v with the oem coilpack but with the control module removed and wiring the MS directly to the 4 contacts on the coil.
-Andrew
einsereier
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by einsereier »

does this circuit need to be in the ms? can i build it in the broken ecm? i have already wired the ms to use the oem ecm on the coilpack.
Lapkritis
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Lapkritis »

You can build it in another small project box no problem. Where are you located? Check Fry's electronics for connectors and project box. Put it inline and add a key on power line and I think you're set. Should just be 7 wires going into the box:

Inlet:
Spark A
Spark B
Spark C
Key on 12v+

Outlet:
Spark A
Spark B
Spark C

You'll want to change around your software settings. The ones I've posted in my MSQ for MS2 work well.
-Andrew
einsereier
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by einsereier »

built the sircuit in ms, fired it up and it landed strait on 78 degrees! it was the ecm that screewed everething up, coilpack is in working order afterall. all is ok now runs like hell even on a rough tune. thanks for all your help.
dyno numbers comes soon.