2.0l 16v w euro intake cam on MS2 v3

jonnyphenomenon
MegaSquirt Newbie

2.0l 16v w euro intake cam on MS2 v3

Post by jonnyphenomenon »

OK, so Ive got a 2 Liter 16v with Euro intake cam running on MS2 with a v3.0 board. Ive had one problem after another for the past two years with this thing, but finally I think I have it figured out. the problems I have been blaming megasquirt for, may have been caused by bad lifters, or possibly a wiring fault to one set of injectors.

here is my current MSQ file. it is NOT PERFECT and will probably not run on your identical engine without changes to your ECU wiring.
JonnyPhenomenon.2L.16v.may2011.msq
Important information before you consider loading this into your ECU:
my Hall sensor is wired differently inside the megasquirt ecu. the 16v distributor I have produces a signal that goes Ground-Open-Ground-Open, instead of Low-high or High-Low. So running 5v to opto in puts 5v to the anode side of the opto isolator, and then hooking xg1 to tachselect brings the opto isolators cathode out to the halls sensor output. so when the hall goes GROUND, the connection is complete and the opto isolators sends a High signal. when the hall goes OPEN the signal goes Low. Simple. I disconnected the pullup resistor for the hall since it was no longer needed.

I am driving my coil directly from within MS using the BIP373 driver circuit.
I am currently using Bosch g60 injectors, 26lbhr, high impedance
I do not have an idle control valve installed, but I do have the circuits for the PWM version built into MS
I have a throttle position sensor from a passat Throttle body, but I do not think it is needed. MS's MAP sensor seems to work just fine.
my hall is wired backwards, see above.

if you are using a pull up resistor on your hall signal, then you will need to change the base ignition settings from this msq to match your current settings. (probably something like 60* trigger offset, ign input capture: rising edge, cranking trigger: trigger return)
mine is set up with 75* offset, IGN input capture on falling edge, cranking trigger: calculated.

either way, now my car at least runs without sputtering and acting stupid. it also starts perfectly! who needs an IAC? :D

this car started out like this:

but under it all it was like this:

then went to this:

then some paint:

to this:

and eventually:

here is some pictures of the car this system is running in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonnyphenomenon
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2.0l 16v w euro intake cam on MS2 v3

Post by jonnyphenomenon »

here is a picture of my current spark advance table. the low RPMS stuff is built in to help keep the car from stalling at idle. it is pretty aggressive and may change later, but as of May 17th 2011, this is what it is: