ms3x issiuses with spark on ls2 coils

powernut
MegaSquirt Newbie

ms3x issiuses with spark on ls2 coils

Post by powernut »

after some advise tbh ive fitted the ms3x and ls2 coils (built in igitors) , to my vr6 turbo engine starts and runs fairly well , but soon as im coming into boost engine starts back fireing , on wot , but isnt as bad on part throttle ,i lowerd the spark gaps but didnt help , i then did a datalog which shows im loseing missing sync issue keeps dropping to zero rpm, this only happernds comeing into boost , i was runing fully sequentail fuel and spark , also check igition and spark settings which are correct for this type of coil,
bare in mind before i upgraded to ms3x i was runing ms2 wasted spark which was fine with no issiuses regards this issiuse, only things thats been added is ecu upgrade, 6x yuko ls2 coils,,yet im told these coil are strong spark and ideal on boosted engines?im unsure how many milli amps tbh ,

so i thought id try my old coilpack to see if it sorted the issiuse but i had to add 3 spark triggers ,which ive wired like this
pin1 with resistor attached to no1 of the coil ms3x loom
pin2 wired wasted spark coilpack
pin3 engine ground
ie ms3 coil loom labled 1,2,3 are used 456 not used , but for some reason the engines backfires, ~(like the spark outputs to coilpack is wrong ? is this wired correct or is there something ive buggard up with? as i was just going to a trail run in boost to see if it still backfires?
ps my vr crank sensor is a 3 wire but only pin1/2 are used
any help would be great
powernut
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: ms3x issiuses with spark on ls2 coils

Post by powernut »

sorted i forget to change fire on single coilpack to wastedspark :oops: off for a test run in the morning to see if the issiuse is still there :D
powernut
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by powernut »

still got an issiuse backing in boost ms3x,vr6 turbo , but if i use part thottle it will boost fine ,tryed plugs,gaps,ht leads,
add 10k.300k,620k resistors , made no differnce, any ideas, as it looks like im loseing sycro with the crank sensor at high rpm , (tryed another sensor whitch hasnt helped)any adivse :?
Paul_VR6
Helpful Squirter

Post by Paul_VR6 »

You got a datalog??
-Paul
1995 GTI VR6 12.833@105
2.8l 12v on MS1-3.57/HR10G - retired
3.2l 24v on MS3 - beta test completed - retired
??? on MS3/3x/IOx/? next up...K&P Performance - KPTuned.com
powernut
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by powernut »

i will post one up , as i couldnt sort the vvt on the r32 so removed the lot and fitted it on the 12v vr engine :(
RRIDER450
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by RRIDER450 »

hey man i got a quick question, im working on my buddies 12v vr6t and were running ms3x as well. any way you can help us out with trying to figure out our seqential spark setup? well be working on it all day today if you wanna give me a call or something 8142219834. thanks!
powernut
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by powernut »

carnt really call but if your stuck let me know which settings ill add them as im unsure how to add ms screen shots in here