Ken's 1984 VW Jetta GLi 1.8L 8v

84 Jetta Gli-MS-T
MegaSquirt Newbie

Ken's 1984 VW Jetta GLi 1.8L 8v

Post by 84 Jetta Gli-MS-T »

Name: Ken Stevens
Vehicle: 1984 VW Jetta GLi
Engine: 1.8L, 8v I4, G-Grind Cam, 3” Intake, 2” Exhaust, SpinTech Muffler.
Injection: Port Injection (19lb injectors) borrowed from a stock VW Digifant system (bolt on)
Description: Car will eventually have a turbo system (DIY of course!!) added and MS will fuel it with upgraded (37lb) injectors.
Website: I’ll get some pics up as soon as I can clean up my mess!!

Just a note to all that helped me solve all the little issues I had and allowed me to start up and run from the very first crank! A special thanks to my brother Bruce, without his hands, eyes, ears (good catch) and garage this project would still be on my desk!
84 VW Jetta Gli - The Original 4-Door Sports Car
Euro Spec Engine - MS (IT LIVES, and it's a ROCKET!!!) - TE WBO2 - Turbo (in the works)

Have A Day... Good, Bad or Otherwise. It's what you make of it!! - ME!
84 Jetta Gli-MS-T
MegaSquirt Newbie

An update!

Just a couple of updated pics on the MS brain!!!

Never one to leave it alone, and tired of failures in the DB-37 I found a very suitable replacement!!! Those pins are rated at 13A each!!!!

I put everything on one side so that I can stuff the box in a hole and not have to worry about getting at both sides! All the LED's are on the inside... If I really needed to look at them, I have bigger issues and I'll open the case!!!

Yeah, I know... I've got a fitting planned for the vacuum line... till then...

Regards,

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euro Spec Engine - MS (IT LIVES, and it's a ROCKET!!!) - TE WBO2 - Turbo (in the works)

84 Jetta Gli-MS-T
MegaSquirt Newbie

Just completed my MegaView...

Decided that I didn't want a box too big for one hand, so I split the boards into 2 cases and wired accordingly...

I ran a DB-25 so that I can run display, switches and power for the EL Backlight! I can either toss it in the glovebox or unplug it. So now for the most part I can leave the laptop at home!! HuuRah!!!

As an after effect I found it also fits in my GPS holder too!! Putting it all in easy view and reach even if I have a passenger!

Now I have to work on the Turbo!!!

Ken

84 Jetta Gli-MS-T
MegaSquirt Newbie

Actually went to see how many views it had after being off the Forum for many months and realized that my success page got a little truncated the last time MSEFI got reloaded, so I thought I'd re-attach the pics..

Now I gotta redo all this to get to MSII!!!! It a viscious never ending cycle..... but I love it!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.