Car Type: Old Style Sand Rail
Engine: VW
Engine Size: 2332cc
Compression Ratio: 9.44:1
Injectors: 4 x 37.8 lbs/Hr
Throttle Body: Ford Probe w/TPS
Turbo: T3 60Trim .48A/R Turbine and .60A/R Compressor
Boost: 9.8 psig
Sensors - Temp: IAT and CHT came from CBPerformance (Temp vs. Resistance)
Sensors – O2: 3-Wire O2 from CBPerformance
MS Pictures: http://thefunpatrol.com/Photo_Gallery/S ... ection.htm

I listed all the parts and places I bought parts on my website. Let me know if I did not list something you want to know about. Also, I purchased an MSD fuel pump through Summit Racing for $93. It is brand new and supports up to 500HP. Along with it, I am also using a variable pressure regulator to increase pressure up to 55 to 60 psig under boost. I found the pressure regulator on CBPerformance also for $90 (Part Number 7755). This allows me to get away with the 37.8 lbs/Hr injectors. The part number is MSD-2225. I also bought the plenum intake through CBPerformance instead of welding in my on bungs. You will see it on the web site.

I took my time, followed directions, created wiring diagrams…It started the first time on the first couple revolutions :shock: .
The initial start up was impressive 8) . I anticipated the day for 1.5 years now, and it finally came. I added an extra fire extinguisher to the recommended two on hand, making three. I checked fuel pressure (40psi) and leaks...none. I turned the ignition switch on and pushed start…it started and idled. The fast idle was working, the injectors were timely pulsing and the temperature sensors were detecting heat. The oxygen sensor read a very rich mixture, which was fine for the start. I then touched the throttle and the engine rapped like it previously did with the dual 45’s (Which will be on E-Bay now).
I had a friend come over to help me test drive, to hold the computer for data logging. The engine ran rich, but very responsive. Since this was the first time with the turbo, I did not get to aggressive. I could here the whine, it sounded great. I tuned the engine under normal load and the results were awesome.
I am now getting ready to do more open throttle tuning, but I am going to upgrade the current gas I am using before I do.
I hope to be returning with good results!
TT350chevelle
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by TT350chevelle »

Hi Jeremy...is the MSLVV pic on the above link from your engine? The reason I ask is the map signal increases when the throttle is closed from a 2700 rpm cruz, this is backwards. It looks like the map signal is attached to a ported source instead of manifold, if thats the case, you will have a real hard time tuning.

Brad J.
jeremymlawson
MegaSquirt Newbie

MAP Increase as TPS Decreases

Post by jeremymlawson »

Good eye Brad,
The data log you previewed was from my engine. The log was taken at idle with zero load. I need to run it again with actual load. I had a friend hold my laptop during the first ride, however we were just viewing the MegaTune page; I did not have the data log on (still getting used to the software). However, the MegaTune display captured a peak manifold pressure. I ran the engine with load and achieved about 125kPa (capture) or about 3 psig of boost. This was taking it very easy.
The pressure transducer is the MPX4250AP from MS. I am sure I connected it right and tubing goes right to the manifold. I am pretty sure the backwards results are from an non loaded engine, however, I am still new to this. I am looking forward to testing again. As soon as I do I will repost the logging results.
Thank you very much for the observation,
Jeremy
TT350chevelle
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by TT350chevelle »

No problem Jeremy...keeps us informed on your progress.

Brad J.