4age 20v Silvertop *Supercharged*

Toyota, Lexus.
lammmy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 4age 20v Silvertop

Post by lammmy »

Awesome setup. I just have a couple questions about your vacuum setup. I did the PVC thing and it worked really really well to smooth out the vacuum signal, however now, when I give it full throttle, the kpa is not going above 92kpa. I noticed you used the brake booster signal line to source for MS, does this mean you don't have power brakes? If not, how are you getting vacuum for the brakes?

Thanks.
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Underdog51 »

I started with the stock ECU as well. It was the biggest pain in the bum to even get it wired up. Then it was running pretty decent, mine was a little rich though. But then one day it just completely stopped on me while driving. I spent months trying to figure out the problem. It ended up being the cam sensor in the distributer. It was cheaper to do a megasquirt then replace it. Not to mention all the other advantages of the MS. I first got my MS like 6 years ago before MS2 even out. Not that many 20v out there or MS units. Now there are sooo many 20v running MS you can get alot of help. I intially just used somebody else tune cause i was dumb and didn't want to read the manual and learn. Well 4 spun rod bearings after a year or soo with too much timing, I learned my lesson. I dont advise anyone to just download this and put it in their ecu. Always check timing trims and soo on. Use to compare notes.
What kind of 7 do you have? Mine started life as a CMC back in 2002. Since then I have broken nearly everything they made besides the frame. I got a job at Brunton Auto building and welding frames for the Super Stalker. I learned a whole lot about suspension and the way a car SHOULD be made. Since my knowledge there, I have cut the whole front of my frame off, and built the whole front suspension to Stalker dimensions but modified the hell out of my toyota spindles to get proper Roll Center, ackerman, and eliminated all my bump steer issues. I just finished my "revival" of my car. All new body work, interior trim, ECT.. I just put a 3.58 gear in the back to make up for my 13" wheels with 21" diameter tires.
Next week the Supercharger is going back on after I finish fabing up the intake manifold.
I know a great deal about 7 clone cars. I would like to see your setup thus far, maybe I could help point out some stuff you should know. So if you have any questions about stuff on the car, shoot me an e-mail at teamunderdog51@yahoo.com

scott
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Underdog51 »

I do not have power brakes. All manual setup. My KPA will rarely get above 97 now, some 101 spikes. It is all a relationship of line sizes, and volume of the canister. But there is nothing wrong with only getting a 92 reading. You engine is still pulling in maximum atmospheric pressure. Just make your last bin 92. Also what elevation are you at. In the mountains that is as high as you will get. But It wouldn't hurt to try some different vacuum lines and size canisters until you get a desired result. The most important thing is that you have a wide range of vacuum. When i ran it straight off the port to the ECU. My idle was 40kpa, but cruise and 3/4 throttle were both 92-94 kpa. So that didn't work. Now it is evenly spaced like a regular manifold!
good luck

scott
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 4age 20v Silvertop *Supercharged*

Post by Underdog51 »

Well i got the supercharger all hooked up now. A bit of custom pulley work involved due to my lack of space for the altenator. I am still working on the tune, when i have it running real well i will post it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Underdog51
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Underdog51 »

I used the CNC to cut everything out, then TIGed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abbeylives
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by abbeylives »

awesome