87 Supra 1JZ ms2/extra

Toyota, Lexus.
TurboFreakdotcom
MegaSquirt Newbie

87 Supra 1JZ ms2/extra

Post by TurboFreakdotcom »

Built this for my wife....but....I drive it the most. Had serious reset troubles with the MS1 for more than a year. Dropped in the MS2 with the 3.0.3r extra code and "BAM" no more resets and the car runs smooth and wicked. Can't believe the troubles, but I am happy now.

Chris Robertson
Video:
http://www.turbofreak.com/vids/supra/supra_ms2extra.wmv

mihaicsv
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 87 Supra 1JZ ms2/extra

Post by mihaicsv »

Hi mate how are you? :D I am researching to put a MS3 on my 1jz Soarer soon and I wanted to ask you how difficult is to wire it up...I couldn't find clear information about the ignition controlling.Did you use the original nippondenso crankshaft sensor with the camshaft sensor (12-1)? Thanks.
TurboFreakdotcom
MegaSquirt Newbie

Hi,
I am running MS2/extra. I used the stock crank sensor with the stock 12 tooth trigger by cutting off 1 tooth (12 to 1). Not using any cam sensor. I do have issues with crank signal sometimes from the OEM crank sensor and will have to adjust the tuner pot to be more sensitive at lower RPM cold starts then turn the pot less sensitive to rev past 3800 RPM.
It would be beneficial to setup the powered crank sensor they sell at DIYAutotune and change the trigger wheel to a square tooth since I was told the the powered sensor does not work well with pointy wheels like the stock 1JZ wheel.
Hope that helps a little.
mihaicsv
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by mihaicsv »

Thanks a lot,it's been very helpfull.
TurboFreakdotcom
MegaSquirt Newbie

mihaicsv wrote:Thanks a lot,it's been very helpfull.
NP. I also have a major problem with the stock fuel pump circuit causing a ridiculous amount of EMI which is screwing with my trans controller and the MS. I will be running new wires and relay to the fuel pump to see if that stops the issue.