86 MR2 supercharged

Toyota, Lexus.
blackotto
MegaSquirt Newbie

86 MR2 supercharged

Post by blackotto »

Woo freekin Hoo! finally got a chance to post on these forums :D . the car is an 86 aw11 toyota mr2. we bought the car in pieces with a supercharged 4agze on the side for $800.the previous owner was rebuilding the whole car and lost intrest after the sc motor he ordered from japan showed up with no ecu. so after a bunch of searching,and getting ripped off myself on an ecu over the internet, we decided to try megasquirt. im so glad we did! we put the car back together with all the new parts it came with and then built our own wiring harrness. we had a few problems along the way, but with the help of the forums and Super Matt(MATT CRAMER) it realy wasnt that hard.my kid has been driving the mr2 for about 5 weeks now, and its running good,still needs tunning, but it runs good. had a mishap with the wb02. the wires got ripped off by road debris, cut all 6 clean off. re-connected them and re-calibrated but no worky :( new 1 on the way :D . Megasquirt is an amazing little unit! the adjustability is endless,absolut control of fuel and spark,boost or no boost, and having the laptop with all the gauges is way cool! i would really like to thank matt cramer for all his help and others that helped THANKS GUYS!!! :yeah!: :yeah!: :yeah!:
blackotto
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 86 MR2 supercharged

Post by blackotto »

update! my son is still driving the car 2 years later and not a single problem!next project is a bored and stroked 460 ford runnin propane injection and ms3. ALL HAIL MEGASQUIRT!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah!: