Lots of Land/Range Rover V8's... and still counting!

FridgeFreezer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Lots of Land/Range Rover V8's... and still counting!

Post by FridgeFreezer »

I seem to be doing so many that posting a thread per vehicle would get messy. For full details (and a lot of Land Rover V8 specific help & tech) check out http://www.LR4x4.com where most of these, myself included, hang out. Start with the technical archive.

So, in no particular order, I've done:
  • Ash's Bowler with 3.5 V8, stock code, fuel only.
  • Dan's Range Rover "Bertha" - very tired 3.5 V8 currently undergoing strip down & looking at, stock code, fuel only.
  • Toyota HiLux with 3.5 V8 from a Range Rover, stock code, fuel only.
  • My 109 with a 3.9 V8, stock code, fuel only.
  • A Range Rover 3.5 with a hot-rod GRP body on it (don't ask), stock code, fuel only.
  • My 109 with a 4.6 V8, 3.9 top end, RP4 cam. This runs MS'n'S-Extra with EDIS-8 ignition and has so far covered over 10k on & off road without missing a beat.
  • Helped Nige (Hybrid_From_Hell) with his install, a 4.5 John Eales lump with very silly everything. This is running MS'n'S-E, EDIS-8 and Bosch PWM idle valve and has also covered some serious ground on & off-road (and underwater). Nige started as a technophobe before the install, a year later he's alpha-testing TuneStudio :shock: and phoning me up with tips about PWM settings.
  • Darren's 90, with a 4.2 V8 from a Range Rover LSE and auto box, running MS'n'S-E and EDIS-8. This was the first hotwire-to-MS install I've done and it went nicely, done in a weekend.
  • Jon's 90, with a 4.6 V8 and autobox. Running MS'n'S-E and EDIS-8. The second Hotwire-to-MS I've done, completed in a weekend, the extra power released caused the gearbox to explode at 80mph during tuning :lol:
  • More to come, watch this space! (And if you want an install doing, I'm based in Gosport, UK and happy to help)
There are also other installs worth looking at on LR4x4 - istruggletogate11 (or Rog as we call him) has possibly the most abused Range Rover V8 you're likely to see, running MS'n'S-E and EDIS-8, it's more like a submarine than a car. At the other end of the scale, Bull_Bar_Cowboy has a beautifully built 3.9 V8 which is an absolute work of art, running MS'n'S-E with EDIS8 it has been tuned and dyno'd with very good results.