Plug and Play Lucas 4CU conversion

trakkies
MegaSquirt Newbie

Plug and Play Lucas 4CU conversion

Post by trakkies »

I've fitted an MS2 V3 inside a Lucas 4CU case for a friend to make it a simple swap. Here's a pic:-

I've duplicated the DB37 on the case, as well as a D9 for the serial connection and a 4 way power for a wideband sensor unit.

The only mod to the MS was the fabrication of a larger heatsink which doubles as a mounting bracket at one side. Although upwards pointing D connectors would have made things easier than the standard 90 degree ones.

It retains the flapper AFM - but all that is actually used in it is the ATS. So the flappers could be removed to improve air flow.

My own Rover SD1 which uses this system has been modified for EDIS as well as MS, so I've not been able to fully test my 'plug and play' conversion - but it seems ok on my spare complete inlet manifold in the workshop.
milesinfront
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Plug and Play Lucas 4CU conversion

Post by milesinfront »

I'm in the planning stages of Squirting my fathers 86 SD1 Manual... I like the idea of using as much of the original loom as possible! Your setup is a good starting point. Was just wondering what the 25pin connector on the left is for? Do you know where I can find a Rover wiring diagram?

Cheers

Rick
-1988 325is BMW M52B28 - > MS2 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel, Wasted COP) Early Days of Tuning
-2004 Opel Corsa C / Holden Barina Z18XE - > MS1 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel)
-1976 Triumph Dolomite Sprint Race Car -> MS1 n 'EDIS'd
-1984 C1 2.3 Alpina -> MS2 Extra n Spark (60-2 Wheel)