Dr.Hess: 1987 Harley-Davidson 883 XLH Sportster Hugger

Dr.Hess
MegaSquirt Newbie

Dr.Hess: 1987 Harley-Davidson 883 XLH Sportster Hugger

Post by Dr.Hess »

1987 Harley-Davidson 883 XLH Sportster Hugger, bought new in Lethbridge, Alberta and ridden by my wife 6000 miles before we got it home.

You just can't get a carb to work on an 883. They are all too big, so, I Squirted it. Injectors, rail, throttle body and intake are from a 99 Buell XB. Board is a MS1 derivitive work. Code is Squirt-n-Spark-Extra. Triggered off the coil negative. Ignition is stock HD module. Fuel pump is Victory V92C (draws 3.3 amps at 40PSI). FP Regulator is adjustable aftermarket off of eBay. I machined a spacer to mount the S&S Super air filter to the Buell throttle body. Temp sensors are mini thermistors with the cylinder head sensor epoxied into a ring terminal and bolted to the head at the motor mount and the IAT in a plastic plug in the back of the air filter. Dual MAP sensors (DIYAutoTune.com MAP Daddy).

Putting all this on a Sportster was like trying to put 10 lbs of stuff in a 8 lb bag.

Paint by Dr.Hess and Dr.Linda.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr.Hess
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Dr.Hess »

Home brew case too, made from some scrap aluminum MIG'ed up. HD Cigarette package for reference only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smuffe
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Dr.Hess: 1987 Harley-Davidson 883 XLH Sportster Hugger

Post by Smuffe »

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with the ignition of that buell system. I have an -04 XB that I have turboed and was wondering how to connect the coil to the megasquirt, could You enlighten me about the pins and other details in it?