1996 Suzuki GSX600 + GT12 Turbo

zippo0007
MegaSquirt Newbie

1996 Suzuki GSX600 + GT12 Turbo

Post by zippo0007 »

Name: Mike Cline
Vehicle: 1996 Suzuki GSX600 (Katana)
Engine: 600CC in-line 4 with a GT-12 turbocharger (10-12psi), Eagle Talon intercooler (sliced), RS BOV, custom header (wrapped).
Oil System: 1/16" oil restricter from stock oil supply (70+psi) for flow limitation, oil scavenging pump from RBRacing for the turbo.
Injection: Multi-Port injection (2004 GSX-R Tbodies)
Manifold: Mr. Turbo template blank
O2: Innovate LC-1 wide band O2 sensor
MS: MS-I, v3.0, B&G code, DIYTune black alum case, relay board
Config: 4.8 Req fuel, and it started instantly first try (once the fuel pump was working)

Yahoo Megasquirt. The bike is responsive, crisp and makes a whole lot of power. I took it around the block for the first time this evening. A far cry from the $500 basketcase it was when I purchased it.

I'm still in the process of getting the bike tuned properly, as its a bit difficult in the upper ranges without a dyno. But dyno time is coming.

Once I sat down and RTFM'd, putting it all together was pretty simple. A big thumbs up for Megasquirt and all those who made it possible. (I've been wanting to write this post for awhile!)

If anyone wants more detail of my project just shout. I plan on putting together a start to finish site for it and will probably update this thread when I do.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluej
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by bluej »

hey, congrats on getting it setup!

is it still running well? did you ever get around to putting together that documentary page? i'm looking at putting a turbocharged 600 bike motor in a locost type vehicle and would love to hear about how you got yours set up.
zippo0007
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by zippo0007 »

yep, its running better than ever, with the 1 exception of needing a larger output alternator on the bike. It slowly goes dead after riding for a couple days, and its not the battery. After a number of tests I finally determined the 25A alternator just can't keep up with all the extras I've added. So, a custom rewound alternator is in order; I just need to stop by the post office and ship out the old one.

I have yet to assemble a page for it, however your post reminds me I need to get that done to share what I've learned about this project.
hodgeiom
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by hodgeiom »

hi a gt12 sounds like a very small turbo for a 600cc bike what sort of power output were you hoping to get from this setup.
SafetyFast
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1996 Suzuki GSX600 + GT12 Turbo

Post by SafetyFast »

Were you able to control the secondary throttles with Megasquirt. I am going to be using MSII.

Thanks