1993 Honda XR650l

Captain Midnight
MegaSquirt Newbie

1993 Honda XR650l

Post by Captain Midnight »

1993 Honda XR650L. Single cylinder. MS1 Extra. Fuel only now, spark latter. Starts and runs. Test riding only. Still adjusting. Leaning at full throttle. When I get fuel working, will be adding a turbo. Took a lot of reading and research, but it started right up first try. I am excited.
mchester
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1993 Honda XR650l

Post by mchester »

Captain Midnight wrote:1993 Honda XR650L. Single cylinder. MS1 Extra. Fuel only now, spark latter. Starts and runs. Test riding only. Still adjusting. Leaning at full throttle. When I get fuel working, will be adding a turbo. Took a lot of reading and research, but it started right up first try. I am excited.
Sounds awesome... Would love to do this to my 2004 XR... Tired of screwing with the CV carb.

How does it run? What parts are you using? how about cost?
Captain Midnight
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Captain Midnight »

I was using an FCR carb, at about $500.00, so injection is cheaper. Big V-twin thottle body. GSSX in tank fuel pump, which does not use a return line. Idle is sweet. GM car CLT and IAT sensors. Tee into the stock VR sensor wires for tach imput. The MAP input is pretty spikey. I need to dampen it with a line restrictor. I'm going to start cleaning up my Mitubishi turbo and put it on next.
HollyB
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by HollyB »

Hy Capatin, I am quite impressed!
I am planing to run a megasquirt on the same engine (Honda NX650 "Dominator") . Concerining the spikey MAP-signal: What was the consequence of this spikey signal? How does your line restrictor look like (Is it a narrower diameter on the pressure line or an additional room in the pressure line or both)? Another thing: Is there a problem with the power the pump needs? According to the diagram the pump is linked to the same currrent supply as the heated oxygen sensor. Thus the pump probably doesn't run in intermittent mode with the consequence of a lower average current. Thus it runs continuously at 12 Volt and needs about 8 ampere which leads to 96 Watt. Adding this to the power needed for the solenoid valves my 180 Watt generator can not deliver enough energy. Why wasn't it a problem on your engine?
efi_bimmer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by efi_bimmer »

Nice work!!! :D
Are you using a 2 cylinder setup in engine constants?
According to my installation, a single cylinder setup reports double the rpm!!!
Could you share your msq file or send a screenshot of your engine constants menu ?
Taiden
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Taiden »

Have you gotten everything sorted yet? How is the power, fuel economy, throttle response?

Very few people on here do a full before and after review. Maybe you could change that. :) I don't really blame you if you are busy riding it. :)