2007 Vmax powered Roadstercycle

Roadstercycle
MegaSquirt Newbie

2007 Vmax powered Roadstercycle

Post by Roadstercycle »

My success story starts with using my stock CV carbs and making injector adapters for them. I Did not modify or hurt them in anyway way so they can go back stock. I can do this for just about any CV carb. Now they are throttle bodies. I Didn't have to adapt some other throttle body or make manifolds or any of that extra work which could be a pain for most people. I have a machine shop and I didn't want to do it. I used 19 lb. Ford port injectors, Megasquirt 1 with 3.0 board. GM sensors with a heated O2 sensor. 90lb. fuel pump with a pressure regulator. Since I couldn't ride down the street with a laptop in my lap I bought a Megaview readout. I split the readout and the main board and mounted the readout and the push buttons in a nice box and mounted it to the handle bars. Makes life a lot easier. All I can say is that my Vmax has never run so nice. Clean acceleration, easy starting. I am jazzed. I have not raced it or gone crazy with it yet. Still playing with it. I had a blast doing it. Great project. Remeber 1 thing, read all the directions for building and tuning before you build and tune!!!!! There is a lot of decisions you have to make as you build the board. Good luck
Have Fun / Hurt None
diztroy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 2007 Vmax powered Roadstercycle

Post by diztroy »

Roadstercycle wrote:My success story starts with using my stock CV carbs and making injector adapters for them. I Did not modify or hurt them in anyway way so they can go back stock. I can do this for just about any CV carb. Now they are throttle bodies. I Didn't have to adapt some other throttle body or make manifolds or any of that extra work which could be a pain for most people.
Could you please elaborate on where the injector adapters fit into the CV carbs? Do you still run the slide? Thanks!
fxstein
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by fxstein »

Very nice indeed! Would you mind sharing some details?
Roadstercycle
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Roadstercycle »

Hi, If you go to http://www.roadstercycle.com you can see all about the Roadstercycles and My Vmax fuel injection design page. If you have specific questions feel free to email me.
Have Fun / Hurt None