1997 Aprilia RS125 with (MS1 V2.2), now going MS2 extra

16V-Sauger
MegaSquirt Newbie

1997 Aprilia RS125 with (MS1 V2.2), now going MS2 extra

Post by 16V-Sauger »

well,

after some weeks of modifications, searching for parts and information, i´ve managed to convert my little 2stroker to ms1 :D

the engine is the old rotax123 with original 32hp and a 34mm carb. at the moment it is equipped with a 42mm throttle body from a gsx-r 750, the injector is from a cbr 900rr, the fuel pump comes from a 1992 vw polo and i´m using ms1 high-res.

at the moment, the engine is running pretty rich. i have to mount the wideband lambda into the exhaust and do some testing. i hope, i´m able to drive it on a dyno in october or november :)

by now, i need a new fuel pump, the old one gets pretty hot (~60°C) and isn´t able to hold the pressure stable at 3,5bar.

thanks for all your help :)
Last edited by 16V-Sauger on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
16V-Sauger
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 1997 Aprilia RS125 with MS1 V2.2

Post by 16V-Sauger »

Shure, but it would be easier if you could ask specific questions :)

so long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1xvr_VXzx4

its been a big progress since video 3, maybe i can do the 4. video at the weekend.
rotaxman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by rotaxman »

Nice project Guy , What are you using for power to run the fuel pump and Injector ? Also if you are using a VR Sensor, how have you got that wired up. I have a Honda cr250-2/stroke running on methenol .
16V-Sauger
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 16V-Sauger »

rotaxman wrote:Nice project Guy , What are you using for power to run the fuel pump and Injector ? Also if you are using a VR Sensor, how have you got that wired up. I have a Honda cr250-2/stroke running on methenol .

i´m using a VW hall sensor from a W8 Passat. didn´t get you in your first question.
hondaman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by hondaman »

u-tube video.

Hay guy, I have a differant screen name now . I couldn't get " Rotaxman "to work anymore , LOL. I was asking about what you are using to Power up your system ( fuel pump, Injector, ECU.) . I am using an 18AH. battery. I run total loss as I don't have a generator so I only get about 25min. run-time and then I have to recharge the Battery. Also could you post a picture of your VE Table ? Your 3rd. video was great ! It looked like you hit 10k rpm's. The engine was really smooth especially for a 2/stroke . Nice job .
Superbeaver

Post by Superbeaver »

Hello
Nice job.
I have just one question, what signal did you use to trigger the megasquirt?
16V-Sauger
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 16V-Sauger »

hondaman wrote:u-tube video.

Hay guy, I have a differant screen name now . I couldn't get " Rotaxman "to work anymore , LOL. I was asking about what you are using to Power up your system ( fuel pump, Injector, ECU.) . I am using an 18AH. battery. I run total loss as I don't have a generator so I only get about 25min. run-time and then I have to recharge the Battery. Also could you post a picture of your VE Table ? Your 3rd. video was great ! It looked like you hit 10k rpm's. The engine was really smooth especially for a 2/stroke . Nice job .

Hi,

its just the stock 9A battery which comes with the bike. the alternator delivers almost enough current, as long as the light is switched off :)
Superbeaver wrote:Hello
Nice job.
I have just one question, what signal did you use to trigger the megasquirt?
As stated earlier, i´ve mounted a hallsensor and glued a magnet into the flywheel. with the next upgrade, i would like to convert to 60-2 triggerwheel :)
16V-Sauger
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by 16V-Sauger »

Huge progress in this little project, i´m going the ms2 way now and therefore i fabricated some new parts that would better suit the possibilities a ms2 gives.

i started with developing a 36-1 trigger wheel and a perfectly fitting mounting bracket for the hall sensor.

they were laser cutted from a company a few km away, very nice looking and not to expensive.

i mounted the trigger wheel and the lower bracket, fitted perfectly right out of the box :yeah!: german engineering in da house :lol:

i did some benchtesting to enshure that the triggerwheel and offset is working correct and even if i could use the cop, which blew up a few times. :(

right now the engine runs with stock sem ignition, but will be changed to ms ignition soon.

stay tuned :D