1988 FZR1000 MICROSQUIRT

24c
Helpful Squirter

Re: 1988 FZR1000 MICROSQUIRT

Post by 24c »

Wenderby wrote: did you use the original crank pos. sensor ?
He didn't, he used the ignition signal from the coil to create a "tach" event, so you'd be very unlucky then. :roll:

However, I am using the original crank trigger on my Thunderace engine with a cased MicroSquirt running MSExtra 3.0.3, and the good news is the crank trigger and sensor position is identical, so you are a very lucky chap. :)

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=22765&start=40#p144475
http://www.mjscrane.com/EFI/Thunderace.html

There is a guy in Holland trying to get the EXUP to work too, and he's using the same crank code.

Unfortunately, I am working away at the moment, and the dyno roller had to be repaired otherwise I would be further along. Either way, the Thunderace engine starts well, revs cleanly using the original GTS1000 fuel injection in wasted spark mode or semi sequential using the original coils. I will have to instigate a cam sensor mod to get full sequential, and I have done an R1/R6 coil on plug conversion too. Later I will fit new throttle bodies, fuel system etc.
PGR

Post by PGR »

Hi guys!

I`m FI-ing my FZX 750 with FZR 1000 Genesis engine. I`m planning to use R1 2003 TB`s (very similar to original carbs)
and also with microsquirt ECU. Will for sure write about it in another topic later.

What`s up with yours projects? Are they working well for now?

Cheers!

Peter
24c
Helpful Squirter

Post by 24c »

PGR wrote: What`s up with yours projects? Are they working well for now?
Hi, my GTS1000 & Thunderace (YZF1000) run OK, but I haven't been down the road on them with yet. If you are using an FZR1000 engine with a MicroSquirt, use MSExtra3.1 & the YZF1000 crank trigger that jsmcortina wrote for my Thunderace engined GTS1000. Incidentally, this crank trigger will run the FZ700 too, but only in wasted spark, semi sequential mode, as there is no cam triggering available yet.

GTS1000 crank pictures top, Thunderace & FZR1000 underneath

My projects using the MicroSquirt. First bit is GTS1000 running B&G2.890, later MSExtra, and from page 8? the Thunderace engined GTS1000 using MSExtra firmware & the new YZF1000 crank trigger routine.

At the moment, the arrival of a couple of grandsons has killed my free time, part of which was going to be used on making an engine dyno for my spare Thunderace engine. The idea is this will test different throttle body, cylinder head, exhaust and cam timing mods more easily, which will be used in the development for the 'special' project bike.