University of Paderborn, Germany
by Patrick Menschel
latest Update 010909
MS1 to MS2 Upgrade for 2008FS Car
Beginners are warned not to use MS2 on this engine!
Especially Formula Student projects should NOT use MS2 on the first shot.
Take a MS1 for starters, it runs great and you would definetly win more points with a running car than loose points coz it doesn't speak CAN. Unfortunately the FSAE Rules value technical chit-chat like CAN/ABS/... higher than a robust running car.
Those people completely lost contact with reality.
Never the less I'd like to encourage every FS Team to use Megasquirt as it is the easiest way to get warm with this field of work. You won't learn anything from using motec, trijekt or bosch ecus!
Base: Suzuki GSR600 Engine, inline 4cyl
- 14,5:1 Compression
- GSX-R1000 starter motor
- E85 fuel
- Bosch 280cc twinspray injectors in the intake runners
- Bosch 350cc injector (way too big, 180cc would be better) behind throttle body, cools air to about 8 deg Celsius
- 19mm Air Restrictor
- Resonance Amplification Airbox (upgrade for 2010), conventional Plenum for now.
- 4 in 1 exhaust with Arrows muffler
- Customized Cam Profile by Schrick , not enough lift though ;P
- Volkswagen Coil on Plug Units (F Revision from Audi 20V engine) with build in ignitors at 1.3ms dwell
Latest Performance Values:
- 63 Nm at 7000RPM
- 82 PS at 11700RPM
- MS2Extra_V2.1_ReleaseCode with AdvTCmod
- fully sequential ignition using both cam and crank sensors
- Advanced Traction Control is a fuzzy logic traction controller with peak slip estimation (something no production car has), written by your's truly, see the development thread
It's a pity those perfect conditions usually aren't met in the first year.