Honda RC51 (SP1/2) on MicroSquirt with MSExtra code

OB6D
MegaSquirt Newbie

Honda RC51 (SP1/2) on MicroSquirt with MSExtra code

Post by OB6D »

Running the MicroSquirt with MSExtra code 303r Alpha, set up for fuel and spark on the Honda RC51, alias VTR- SP1 or SP2. It works with the original crank and cam sensor pattern (implemented in the code), injectors, sensors, etc.

Edit:
Mine works with 12 crank teeth and 3 cam triggers (120º, 180º, 540º). So does the Honda CBR 1100 XX blackbird, Honda aquatrax jetski and FSC 600 Sivlerwing scooter (hear/read say). Maybe your Honda does too and can be easely intergrated...

Edit I:
Picture attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zac70
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Honda RC51 (SP1/2) on MicroSquirt with MSExtra code

Post by zac70 »

Hi,

I would be interested to know how the project is going as I have just installed MS-II on a 5.0 litre holden V8 in my ski boat and like it :yeah!: . I have two Honda SP2 bikes, one for the road and one for the track and would like to install MicroSquirt on the track bike.
OB6D
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by OB6D »

zac70 wrote:Hi,

I would be interested to know how the project is going as I have just installed MS-II on a 5.0 litre holden V8 in my ski boat and like it :yeah!: . I have two Honda SP2 bikes, one for the road and one for the track and would like to install MicroSquirt on the track bike.
It runs, has yet to be tuned. I'm an electrical noob, wasted a lot of time, wiring the ground of both VR sensors together, which was a bad mistake. Tested it all on a seperate engine block. Am currently remaking the wire harness, finalising it. Then i'm gonna hang it on the bike 'n see if i can wrap it up...

You could get to where it starts and runs from a MicroSquirt reasonably fast, since that's all been done now. The tuning's up to you, but seems you're not new to that.

Here's some additional info:
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=160
OB6D
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by OB6D »

Still got it, still going strong. Flies like sh*t from a shovel really...

Had three of these bikes, SP1 and also SP2, none of em ever ran as smooth as this one...