96-2011 DR650SE Dual Sport Thumper

mxrob
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 96-2011 DR650SE Dual Sport Thumper

Post by mxrob »

My big thumper's wasted spark MAP signal is scary... think Texas chain saw massacre. :lol: After seeing that, when I first got the bike running on µs ignition only, I didn't even bother putting any time into an SD fuel table. Once I get VR2 to play ball with me I'll give a blended Alpha-N/SD tune a go. The fuel economy benefits would be my main driving force to making SD work. Alpha-N has already exceeded my expectations in engine tractability down low and over-all performance. Some dyno time scheduled in a couple weeks will really finalize the Alpha-N tune. Since I don't seem to be able to just ride my bike I'll refocus my attention on figuring out what to do to get VR2 working after the dyno run. 8)
EWflyer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by EWflyer »

Rob, I've sent you a PM.

I'm looking for some help figuring out my motorcycle fuel system design which should be very much like yours because it's based on an LT-R450 fuel pump and regulator. You seem to have it working well and I'd really appreciate having you look at my work and make suggestions or corrections to what I've done.

Thanks

Greg
mxrob
MegaSquirt Newbie

Dyno results!

Post by mxrob »

trailrunner
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by trailrunner »

I just now found this thread and you have used the exact fuel system that I am going to use on my 450 KTM. If you have any more information on set up that would be great. I thought about doing the same timing tooth set up as you but it looks like I may be able to use the stator signal as my speed and using the factory tooth to trigger TDC.
mxrob
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by mxrob »

trailrunner wrote:I just now found this thread and you have used the exact fuel system that I am going to use on my 450 KTM. If you have any more information on set up that would be great. I thought about doing the same timing tooth set up as you but it looks like I may be able to use the stator signal as my speed and using the factory tooth to trigger TDC.
Take a look at my Thumper Talk thread on the project.