Finally! I feel ready to call my Kawasaki EX250 a success.

EWflyer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Finally! I feel ready to call my Kawasaki EX250 a success.

Post by EWflyer »

It's a 250cc "sport" class road bike, Microsquirt, fuel-only, MSextra 3.1.1 code (for now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zb2gWPxa7A

Eventually I'll be tearing back into it to make it fuel+ignition, but for now I'm just enjoying it.
tubular
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Finally! I feel ready to call my Kawasaki EX250 a succe

Post by tubular »

Neat job!

Well done. Now enjoy :)

Just one question regarding code running on MS. Any special reason for using MS EXTRA code? Did you run on B&G code (eg 2.890) at some point? If yes did you notice any difference?
EWflyer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by EWflyer »

Just one question regarding code running on MS. Any special reason for using MS EXTRA code? Did you run on B&G code (eg 2.890) at some point? If yes did you notice any difference?
I started out on B&G code and Megatune but once I realized I was headed toward alpha-N tuning (due to the lousy MAP signal of my small motorcycle engine) I migrated to MSextra code because it does a better job with it.

Even if my engine's MAP signal was good enough for speed-density tuning I would still have gone MSextra because there's some development happening there that relates to setting up my bike's ignition system(it's been very slow progress, in fits and starts, but it's progressing none the less). There are a couple of people who are working (or have already done work) on issues that will hopefully allow me to go from fuel-only to fuel+ignition without having to resort to a major/fundamental re-engineering of my bike.

I think that there's more room for refinement of my EX-250 project with MSextra: an example might be the ability to sample the MAP only at a particular designated point in the engine's rotation as a way of getting more utility out of it. But that can only be done after I've got the ignition control set up.

I was wondering about you (Tubular). How's the Bandit project coming along? You should give us an update.
tubular
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by tubular »

So you are into it for good!

Not too much from my side. Some modifications in fuel system but in the meantime my wife gave birth :yeah!: :yeah!: :yeah!: so bike is left aside for the time being. Will follow up shortly though.

Regards
EWflyer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by EWflyer »

Now that it's wintery and cold in Spokane I'm working on fine-tuning the bike's cold startup characteristics. Things are going well. Here's a short video of a cold startup test on Dec 13, in 30 degree (F) weather.

(Side Note: About some of the dialogue that you'll hear on the video, I know that you guys understand all the FI stuff, so what's going on in this clip will be perfectly obvious to you, but some of my motorcycle buddies are clueless.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3tRnaqy ... -e78FoSEOJ