Vincent Wong, 1998 Prelude Type SH - H22 engine

Honda, Acura
dieselgeek
MegaSquirt Newbie

Vincent Wong, 1998 Prelude Type SH - H22 engine

Post by dieselgeek »

One squirted H22 - coming right up!!

We used Extra 029v, OEM crank position (CKP) as tach source and TDC input as the Cam input. Used wheel decoder with "no missing teeth" and it started on the first try.

We used a simple 5v signal to the stock Ignition Control Module, but later removed it to use his MSD 6A box (using standard spark output of MS).

Car ran in the Redline Time Attack "unlimited" class this weekend with zero problems, and took home a second place finish!

I should add that this car is running the 029v firmware, but is running one of the first production "Phantom EMS" units from Spectre Performance.

Successfully Squirt'd: GM LS1 6.7l turbo
Squirt-n-Spark'd: Ford SOHC 4.6 turbo, Blown Ford 5.0l, Turbo Ford 2.5l KL, Turbo Ford 2.3l, 1G & 2G turbo 2.0l DSMs, Honda B18B turbo, Nissan SR-20DE, GM 4.3 SyTy, Neon 420 turbo, 13B-T Rotary, 22RE-T, Honda H22
MegaScott
MegaSquirt Guru

Re: Vincent Wong, 1998 Prelude Type SH - H22 engine

Post by MegaScott »

dieselgeek wrote:One squirted H22 - coming right up!!

We used Extra 029v, OEM crank position (CKP) as tach source and TDC input as the Cam input. Used wheel decoder with "no missing teeth" and it started on the first try.

We used a simple 5v signal to the stock Ignition Control Module, but later removed it to use his MSD 6A box (using standard spark output of MS).

Car ran in the Redline Time Attack "unlimited" class this weekend with zero problems, and took home a second place finish!

I should add that this car is running the 029v firmware, but is running one of the first production "Phantom EMS" units from Spectre Performance.
Scott,

Can you post an MSQ file for this setup?....I have a customer with the same engine, this would be a huge help.

Thanks!!

Scott