Vehicle: 1986 Honda
Engine: 1.5 liter with a turbo
Injection: 390cc injectors (recently flow checked/balanced).
Description: I've been reading this message board for several months now, and I've learned a lot while building my Megasquirt. The work eveyone puts into making this possible is simply amazing, and I'd like to start off by thanking everybody involved for their time and effort.
After a long winter of wrenching on my car when I had time, I finally got to try my Megasquirt this weekend. The car started on the first try, but stalled after a few seconds. Some adjustments to the VE at idle and I've been able to get it to idle pretty well.
The car is race only (autocross), so I can't drive it on the street to do any
sort of tuning. I'm planning on tuning it on a Mustang dyno with a wideband O2. What I want to do is make sure I'm ready to take it to
the dyno, since the dyno time will cost more than the Megasquirt
did, I want to make sure I am competent enough to get it tuned in a
couple of hours.
Update: I thought I'd give a quick update and show a few pics of my project. I raced it for the first time a few weeks ago. It ran ok, not great, but drivable. I had the boost turned down to reduce my risk, and I was basically running a very safe tune based on the VE calculator. After playing around trying to tune it, I decided I needed a wide band O2. I picked up a used AEM UEGO wideband system for $240. It has really made tuning a lot easier. My VE entries were around 15-20% rich (beyond my 12.5:1 goal). My next race will be in a few weeks, so I'll give another update after driving it 'tuned' with the wide band.
Here's a picture of my Megasquirt fitted inside a stock Honda ECU case, with a custom wiring harness that attaches to the back side of the factory plugs so the ECU is completely plug and play with the stock Honda wiring harness.
Here's a picture of my custom fabricated intake manifold and air to water intercooler setup.
1 post • Page 1 of 1