Eddie Beer, 1980, Datsun 200B (810)

Nissan, Infiniti, Datsun
VX255
MegaSquirt Newbie

Eddie Beer, 1980, Datsun 200B (810)

Post by VX255 »

Name: Eddie Beer
Vehicle: 1980 Datsun 200B wagon (810)
Engine: L20B, 1952cc (119ci), L series 4 Cyl.
Injection: Multipoint, 4 CA20E 18lb low Z injectors (about to be switched to 23lb High Z injectors), Factory L18E intake, L24E Throttle body .
Description: Megasquirt V3 and relay board

The factory fuel pickup line is now the return line, a new 3/8 line was run from the fuel tank drain plug, through a filter, into a low pressure pump mounted above the differential, then runs to a small under hood surge tank, from there it runs to a Bosch EFI pump, through an EFI filter and into the fuel rail.

There is still a heck of a lot to do to get the car into a drivable state, I still need to track down a workable TPS, and a huge learning curve in figuring out how to tune it using megatune.

I’m so far pretty happy that the car will fire up and idle using a bunch of parts that I assembled on my kitchen table, thanks to everyone who answered my silly questions, big thanks to Bruce, Al and Lance, on the local side, Stewart and Gareth, for allowing me to glean knowledge off them, bounce ideas off them and generally offering moral support. (Gareth even made a 4 hour drive to attempt some initial tuning).

Will add more info and a MSQ once it has progressed further.
1980 Datsun 810 wagon, Megasquirt and soon Megaspark, L20B 4cyl, although considering MS&S.