87 Nissan 200SX, SR20DE+T, MS1-Extra

Nissan, Infiniti, Datsun
seishuku
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 87 Nissan 200SX, SR20DE+T, MS1-Extra

Post by seishuku »

I seem to have hit a mile stone in my engine's development:

My 450CC/min injectors appear to be maxed out!
I never thought I would do that with my T25G, but I did it. And if that's true, I should be right around ~320BHP (maybe 275WHP).
seishuku
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by seishuku »

Well I increased fuel pressure to 60PSI from the stock 43.5PSI, which increased my fuel flow from 450cc to 528cc, so I gained a little head room.
Idles a little better too (better fuel atomization), but it's still not enough.

Bad thing about making more power: I cracked 3rd gear, or at least knocked out a good chunk of it. Pops and bangs real bad in 3rd and only makes a grinding/whirling noise in all others, which tells me a sizable piece broke off. :lol:
a73camaro
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by a73camaro »

Your MAP signal looks awful. I had something similar with my boosted Subaru. The fix was to add a chamber to smooth out the pulses. It is left of the ECU/MS
seishuku
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by seishuku »

Yeah, I've been meaning to do something about that, but I've also recently broke 3rd gear too, so that's a little higher on my to-do list. :D
a73camaro
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by a73camaro »

ARF at 15.4, boost at ~13 psi, injector DC at 96% at 6000 RPM, you WILL be replacing blown up pistons next.

Take it easy especially on a boosted engine.
seishuku
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by seishuku »

Eh, I've fixed that already. Besides, I can't melt pistons if I can't hit boost with a broken trans.
seishuku
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by seishuku »

Still need bigger injectors, 520CC/min isn't enough apparently. Still borderline, but safe for now.

Working on getting a crank trigger set up:

I have an LM1815 on order, so I can build a VR conditioner... I also ordered some new power transistors for the coils that I have, to replace the ones that I accidentally blew up. :D
UroAruba
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UroAruba »

hi, were con i find a ring like that?
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by UroAruba »

seishuku wrote:Haven't posted an update in awhile, I did finish the coil harness:

But I screwed up and cooked all four coil drivers, so I have to order some new ones, but haven't got around to it yet. The reason being, is that for some reason #1 cylinder decided to seize the upper ring, so I had to fix that (which took way longer than I wanted).
I have some pics of that, here: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/Engine/
But anyway, it's back together with slightly lower compression pistons (9.5:1) and running very well.

For the coil packs, I could use the trigger wheel that I rigged up, but I was having some timing drift issues with that (which may have lead to the ring seizure), but we recently got a new WaterJet at work, so I made this:
It's a 24+1 CAS disc, which is perfect for MegaSquirt. I still get a real small amount of timing drift (drifts retard by maybe .5 degree per 1000RPM), but it's MUCH better than a few other variations I tried.

I'm also working on making an oil adapter block for my SR, much like some of the others you can find online. I had the material, and with the water jet, why not?

hi, can you still make some of those cas wheels?

i need one or two,

how much will you charge me for it?

its for an sr20det, but its the same size and dimensions as for the ka24

but can you make it 24-1 ? 24 tooth missing 1 ( 23 holes) ?

thx
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by seishuku »

The reluctor wheel was made our WaterJet, custom job. But unfortunately I can't do any more of them, not with out it costing a lot of money.
Same goes for the CAS disc, but that didn't really work out quite as well as I wanted, it seems the waterjet isn't quite as accurate as it needs to be for a small trigger disc.
Getting one Laser cut would be ideal, but as equally expensive.