Nissan CAS Triggerwheels 24-2 available suit RB/SR/CA/VH/VG

Nissan, Infiniti, Datsun
jared coory
MegaSquirt Newbie

Nissan CAS Triggerwheels 24-2 available suit RB/SR/CA/VH/VG

Post by jared coory »

Been wanting to get my mates RB25DET running on a Standalone MEgasquirt for a while now.
Bought one of the ones from Triggerdisc.com and the bloody thing didn't even fit, and it was slightly bent, What a waste of money
So I got a batch lasercut to fit precisely onto the Nissan CAS (Cam angle sensor) with no modifications, I also made it a 24 slot wheel with 2 opposite
slots missing, making it a 12-1 crank sensor.
Getting these made were a fraction of a price of a Triggerdisc one and can report they work absolutely perfect. And as a bonus only have to use one
of the optical sensors (the outer one) and the high RPM miss that the RB25 used to have is gone with the engine revving to 8000 RPM with no problems.

I got ten made so if anyone is keen on them I will sell them for $50 each which is less than half of other triggerdisks and guarantee they will fit into the Nissan CAS, I can even supply instructions on how to fit them although with a cheap set of gearpullers it's only a ten minute job. Shipping worldwide should only be another $5 dollars or thereabouts.

You have to run wasted spark, but I am using the original coils packs running six IGBT igniters inside the Megasquirt and it works excellent.
Going to have it dynoed in a couple of weeks so will be able to post my MSQ file if anyone is interested, it's a stock RB25DET with 390cc low impedence injectors running 6.8 ohm 25 watt resistors inline with them.

If there is enough interest I will get a batch of 100 triggerdisks made which should make them even cheaper, As the design CAD work has been done and paid for so only material, machining and labour costs will be needed.
I can also fit the triggerdisks to your CAS if you are willing to send it, but it is a straightforward job to do.

This triggerdisk will also fit CA18 de/det SR20de/det RB20/25/26/30 de/det/t VH41/45 VG30de/det/t pretty much any motor that uses the stock
Nissan Cam Angle Sensor.

I have come across a rare RB25DE CAS that is reputably designed not to be disassembled, it is identifiable by instead of having a rubber seal hiding the bearing it has a alloy plate, by removing this is can easily be disassembled but the main shaft is slightly larger than the standard Nissan CAS,
To fit my triggerdisk I just machined the centre slot ever so slightly with a slim grinding stone on a powerdrill and drilled a small 2mm hole for a dowel, this was easily done by using the original disk as a template, the disk then slips on and works just as well as the standard CAS. This CAS is rare and I have only come across it once so chances are it only came out on a few RB25DE engines for a short period or on a specific model of car.

All enquiries can be made to teamjelly@hotmail.com
I will accept bank transfer or paypal or if you live locally a couple of boxes of Monteiths Radler Beer will suffice instead of payment.

Cheers
Jared
JC Raceengines
Last edited by jared coory on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaPower
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Nissan CAS Triggerwheels 24-2 available suit RB/SR/CA/VH

Post by KaPower »

Why did the triggerwhels.com disc not fit? Was it too thick? I still have the 4g63 mitsubishi cas sensor in my Nissan housing, so I never did test it with the original nissan sensor...
jared coory
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jared coory »

KaPower wrote:Why did the triggerwhels.com disc not fit? Was it too thick? I still have the 4g63 mitsubishi cas sensor in my Nissan housing, so I never did test it with the original nissan sensor...
It was thicker but that was ok, the centre hole was all wrong and it needed holes drilled for the dowels, plus the one I was sent was bent.
The ones I got lasercut are all perfect and with the 24-2 setup a piece of piss to get going on one optical sensor, just needs a 12v pullup signal.
viperash2003
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by viperash2003 »

Hi!
I am interessed in buying a trigger disc for my sr20det CAS.
Can you post a picture of the disc?