msq needed for 1989 Mazda 8v SOHC 2.2L EFI (non turbo)

briankmizell
MegaSquirt Newbie

msq needed for 1989 Mazda 8v SOHC 2.2L EFI (non turbo)

Post by briankmizell »

Hello,

My name is Brian, I have a 1989 Mazda B2200. Below is a list of the Megasquirt parts I purchased.

MS2357-C_BL Assembled Megasquirt-II with PCB V3.57
MOD_x357-12vIn: 12v Pull up on the Ignition Input
MOD_2357IGN1: Single Ignition Output through BIP373 coil driver
MSStim22-C Assembled Stimulator
MS Harness 12' wiring harness
IAT w/Piggy Intake Air Temperature Sensor

Tuck specs:
Std cab short bed
Weight 2300 lbs
Automatic transmission (N4A-HL)
1st gear 2.841:1
2nd gear 1.541:1
3rd gear 1:1
OD (4th) .720:1
Rear end gear ratio 3.909:1

Engine specs.
Engine displacement (before bored) 2209.6cc (2.2L)
Current bore 86.50mm
Stroke 94mm
Factory red line 5500 rpm
Factory Comp Ratio 8.6:1
Stock HP 86 carburetted, 91 EFI
Mazda F2 8 valve SOHC head with adjustable rockers from B2000
Rocker ratio 1.72:1
Cam lift .239 in
Cam duration 250 degrees
Overlap 25 degrees
lobe center 118.5 deg Intake 119 deg Exhaust
Combustion chamber (multi spherical)
Block was decked .003
Main caps line bored, piston rods resized
Speed Pro pistons (guesstimated Comp Ratio 8.8:1)
Speed Pro Molly rings
Clevite 77 rod & main bearings
Fel-Pro gasket set
Pacesetter header
2.5 exhaust turned down just before rear axle

The truck was originally carburetted with a Holley 5200, I wasn't happy with that so I chose to go with EFI. I used all stock parts from a 1993 Mazda B2200

What specs I do know about the EFI parts,

Injector size 270cc
Throttle body size (not sure)
Stock B2600 in tank fuel pump
Stock fuel pressure regulator
All rubber fuel lines were replaced with High Pressure hose.
Fuel line supply 3/8"
Fuel line return 5/16"
I used the distributor from the EFI engine because it is Hall effect distributor, it has electronic advance instead of vacuum advance

I have probably gave way too many details, but I wanted you to be informed about the truck. My reason for this is because I would like to know if anyone here has msq files for a naturally aspirated Mazda 2.2L engine that they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

I am completely new to EFI, I am eager to learn what i need to in order to get a good tune and a reliable vehicle.

Any info or tips are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by briankmizell on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
briankmizell
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: msq needed for 1989 Mazda 2.2L EFI (non turbo)

Post by briankmizell »

Still working on setting up my msq. I've been alternating between wiring and inputting data into the TunerStudio Software.

I am getting there slowly, I'll post what wires hook to what and what color they are so that anyone else with at 90-93 B2200 can do this with out having to do as much research as I have been doing.
Last edited by briankmizell on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
briankmizell
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: msq needed for 1989 Mazda 2.2L EFI (non turbo)

Post by briankmizell »

There is a plethora of information on these sites. I have read so much here lately I think it compares to everything I read in my 1st year of college...lol

At any rate, I thought I would post some links to the Megamanual site that I think might be a good place to start reading.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html#ms2 A compilation of MSEXTRA manuals
briankmizell
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: msq needed for 1989 Mazda 8v SOHC 2.2L EFI (non turbo)

Post by briankmizell »

I got drawn away from this project, I am back on it again but i need some direction.

I have a 1989 B2200 that was carbed, I have put all the parts from a 1993 EFI B2200 on my truck. I am using MS2 v3.57, it has the mod to run directly a driven coil
(I am using the MSD Blaster2) and the stock Hall effect B2200 distributor. It's a naturaly aspirated engine.

I need some direction setting up the config for my MS2, I keep reading and reading the megamanual, and many other pages on the site. But it seems I keep reading in circles, I am not getting anywhere.

What I do have set up is my IAT, CLT sensors, the MPX4250 MAP sensor, and the required fuel for my engine (well part of the required fuel). I am using Tuner Studio, but if I have to I can use MegaTune.

I'll start of withe the questions.

1. Req_fuel........below in bold typeis what I have set, tell me if it needs to be corrected.

Control algorithm percent baro this one & injector staging are 2 I am really not sure about.
Squirts/engine cycle 2
Injector staging alternating
Engine stroke 4
Number cylinders 4
Injector port type Port Injection
Number of Injectors 4
Engine type even fire

2. More engine constants.....

I have no idea of what I need to do here?

3. injector staging......

3-a. My injector's read 6.04 ohms with 12.75v going through them. The manual says if they read 10 ohms or more to set one way, and if they read 4 ohms or less to set another. Since mine read somewhere in the middle, which should I choose?

3-b. Also should I choose to turn on specific bank 2 setting? All my injectors are the same 270cc output

4. Tach input settings?

4-a. Spark mode basic trigger Do I choose basic trigger or trigger return for a Hall effect distributor.
4-b. Trigger angle/offset(degree) since my timing is set at 6 dgrees BTDC I though thasts what this should be set at, ist that correct?
4-c. Angle between main and return(degree) 50.0
4-d. Ignition input capture falling edge
4-e. spark output going high inverted
4-f. spark out put D14

Heck I could go on and on here, if you think that your MSQ will help me get a base setup (mine is a F2 2.2L NA) could you send it to me at briankmizell@aol.com

Thanks in advance,
Brian