Aaron Eberhard, 1986 Mazda Rx-7 N/A Streetported

WonkoTheSane
MegaSquirt Newbie

Aaron Eberhard, 1986 Mazda Rx-7 N/A Streetported

Post by WonkoTheSane »

Name: Aaron Eberhard

Vehicle: 1986/Mazda/Rx-7

Engine: 1.3l 2-Rotor Non-Turbo, Street Ported, Emissions and unnessicaries Removed

Injection: Everything stock mazda

Ignitionp: Distributor out of a 84 Mazda Rx-7(GSL or GSL-SE I Believe)

Description: What a huge project! I completely removed all stock wiring from the engine bay, and put in just what was required to run the engine and a few frills (PowerSteering and CruiseControl).

I just rolled over 125 miles on the Megasquirt, and Its finally tuned pretty well, I'm happy with it so far considering I have never tuned a car before. The only problem I'm having is I can't get the water sensor to respond properly, but I'm working on that.

Thanks to everyone who makes this awesome project, as well as all the people on the boards and especially those doing writeups and such.
mazdahead
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Aaron Eberhard, 1986 Mazda Rx-7 N/A Streetported

Post by mazdahead »

Hi Aaron,

I am working on a new install of a megasquirt and hoping you can offer some info and advice?
I have the exact same setup as you do, but I want to use the RX7 sensors, did you do this as well?
I want to use the original sensors so I can have a fall back of using the stock ECU until I get things shook out?
Is it possible you did the same thing and can you help with any programming changes involved for the RX7 sensors?
I would also be very interested in your MAP settings?
Thanks in advance.

Dale