Daniel F., 1982 DeLorean DMC-12

injuhneer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by injuhneer »

Hello again,

I expected to make the system from scratch so no shock there. Fortunately I am bench building a spare engine. Access to all areas of the motor will not be a problem. Neither will the other pieces (I have access to a small machine shop).

My main question is the programming and how you accomplished the odd-fire configuration. Specifically how are you triggering the injectors to fire in sync with the 90-150 crank timing in the odd-fire engine?

Thanks,

Mike
ramblerman
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ramblerman »

One of the main reasons I kept the stock electronic ignition was because of the fact that it is odd-fire. For my application (using plain vanilla fuel-only control) there was no need to run a crank trigger or hall-effect sensor of any kind. I am getting the signal to fire the injectors directly from the ignition coil. Each bank of three cylinders (half of the V6) fires as a unit. Then the other bank fires, the back to the first bank, and so on.

Daniel
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - Running on MegaSquirt!!
1985 Corvette - Factory L98 350 with TPI
1975 Bricklin SV-1 - May get MegaSquirt someday!
injuhneer
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by injuhneer »

Interesting.

I recently dumped the SEV/Marchal dual point, dual coil ignition and adapted the odd-fire cap from the PRV V6. It uses a hall effect Pertronix to fire the ignition now.

It sounds like it will be simpler than I thought. I am considering using the ignition in the MS2 becuase the advance retard in the Marchal distributor is centrifugal with no useful means of retard (I am planning a turbo for this engine).