TVR Chimaera 400 on MS2Extra & EDIS 8 wasted spark

Simple Simon
MegaSquirt Newbie

TVR Chimaera 400 on MS2Extra & EDIS 8 wasted spark

Post by Simple Simon »

Here is my success story so far > my TVR Chimaera uses the intermediate Serp 3.9 Rover V8 motor and was using the Lucas Hotwire EFI before the install of MS2 and Motorcraft/Ford EDIS 8 using the Gen1 Ford coilpacks 8) the difference now between this and the original Lucas CUX Hotwire system with clockwork dizzy is like day and night mostly attributed to mapped ignition as the original system was fueling very well according to my wideband logs and everything else as it should be,the car always ran well and I was never dogged with many of the problems people using the Lucas Hotwire suffer like erratic/high idle speeds and coldstart overfueling issues :RTFM: a big thank you to Phil Ringwood of http://www.extraefi.co.uk/ for the ECU's,(i have another install shortly to be getting on with on my brothers TVR ) :D have really enjoyed the whole experience and as broke me away from the usual run of the mill car stuff I work on daily at my garage,have I had any problems? no none to date although coldstart fast idle was a little tricky but patience paid off here 8) :yeah!: low RPM is much more crisp and punchy,and the typical low speed lurch these cars suffer from dulled noticeably(cam duration & plenum cross contamination combined with very lean AFR) I have managed to mask this problem with careful tuning in that area which is a real bonus,the motor buzzes round to the 6k limiter with more gusto no doubt helped by the meaner advance curve :yeah!: here's a cold-start vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uV356kuVKI really tightened up the VE table this year with my daughter mapping from the passenger seat watching my Wideband and logging while I could concentrate on the driving as she tuned my ign & fuel tables :D this as cleaned up the cruise area's and low speed response no end 8) so much easier than studying logs and keep pulling off the road to make adjustments :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kholman on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Formatting
TVR Chimaera V8 MS2 & EDIS 8 soon to be MS3 Full Seq on VAG coil packs :D