John Martin, 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S

sprintcarfan
MegaSquirt Newbie

John Martin, 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S

Post by sprintcarfan »

Name: John Martin

Vehicle: 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S

Engine: V6 3.0L 12 valve

Injection: Original Motronic port injection manifold and high imp. injectors.

Description: MSII on a V3 board; fuel and ignition; Direct coil control; Original 60-2 wheel and VR sensor; Alfa CLT sensor and GM IAT sensor; no TPS (car had a throttle position switch from the factory) but planning to upfit a sensor. Currently running 100% Mapdot code, no Xtau.
stephanv6
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by stephanv6 »

Hello,

im going to fit a MS running extra code to a 164 24V Engine with Supercharger going
to be mounted in an 155 soon and am right now in the progess of gathering information.

How did you set up the Wheel decoder (i guess its the same on 12V and 24V) ?

Is there any possibility to get your msq file ?

Thanks a lot,
Stephan
sprintcarfan
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by sprintcarfan »

Somebody else was asking about the msq file. I will have to dig that file up or download the settings from the ECU. I didn't spend much time developing the maps since the car was bought to be an engine donor for a Lancia Montecarlo, so the maps should be used as a starting point only. I never was able to get the accels to be very smooth (especially when changing gears) with the original throttle position switch. No amount of fiddling with mapdot and Xtau seemed to get it where I wanted. I plan to install a true throttle position sensor when it goes back on the road.

I'm not sure of any wheel differences between 24V and 12V. The 12V is a 60-2 or a 58-2 with a VR sensor. Setting the wheel up was very easy. The hardest part was calculating the offset between TDC and the missing tooth portion of the wheel. The car started first try. The VR signal from the sensor has to be conditioned correctly for MS. The easiest way is to use a V3 board, because it has the VR conditioning circuits on the board. I think the extra code will work with the Alfa wheel and sensor. I ended up using MSII, but I can't remember why?

John
monstermonte
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: John Martin, 1991 Alfa Romeo 164S

Post by monstermonte »

Hi John, I have gone down the route of the meggaSquirt too BUT, i can,t seem to get a constant tick over it fires then dies. I see someone else has asked to "rob" you of your setup ( I can built stuff but I am no computer buff!) if it is not too cheeky :oops: could you post some of the settings ie trigger wheel( i counted 61 with 3 teeth missing?? :? ) offset between TDC& missing teeth. Its not that i am lazy just not into programming. All the best, Paul (monstermonte, v6 montecarlo)
monstermonte
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by monstermonte »

Also John, Have you put the iac as a pwm or solinoid ? (sorry) Paul
sprintcarfan
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by sprintcarfan »

I have uploaded my .msq file. I would not try to use this for anything beyond getting the car started. The fuel was roughed in without the aid of a wideband O2 sensor, and the spark map was borrowed from somebody with an Alfa 2.5. It was driveable with a completely stock 164S (164 Cloverleaf in some markets), but I wouldn't take any chances. FYI I was running MSII code 2.6.

Paul,
IAC should be a PWM. I never wired mine up so I never worried about it too much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paul millett
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by paul millett »

Hi All, Have it running now! just some issues with cruise but it may be down to the dump valve movement at a constant pressure when on cruise. Revs seem ok and PWM idle valve is doing it's job!! AT LAST!!!! Paul :yeah!: