Alfa 75 2.0TS Supercharged

Michel75
MegaSquirt Newbie

Alfa 75 2.0TS Supercharged

Post by Michel75 »

Hello,

Here's my (short) Megasquirt story of my 1990 Alfa 75 (Milano in the US) 2.0 twin spark track car.
In 2004 I bought the car for trackday use and I developed soon the ideas of supercharging it.
In november 2006 I bought a M45 supercharger wich lay on the shelf until summer 2008.
In that summer I bought the Megasquirt at Glen's Garage and started soldering it.
In august it ran on the tired stock 2 litre engine, doing 150hp and 196Nm.

The next race on the TT circuit in Assen, the engine died of weared bearings and a hole in the engineblock.

That was the best oppertunity to start the supercharger project and I started measuring and building:

Plan "A" was to use an water to air cooler, so I converted an 75 turbo cooler, but that thing leaked somewhere.
So I changed that to an air to air cooler, much easier and lighter. After some engine troubles, I changed the drive pulley for some more boost:

The engine bay after the first modifications:

The results:
198hp and 262Nm

The car in question:

skuit
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Alfa 75 2.0TS Supercharged

Post by skuit »

Hi Michel75,
I'm very interested with a project like yours and considering to do one. being browsing for quite some time looking for a guidance/advice and finally found this site. would appreciate very much if u could shade some light on the development. are you a mechanic by profession, how would you rank the difficulties in development (1-easy, 10-damn hard). appreciate your advice and help. thank you. :D
Michel75
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Michel75 »

Hi,
I'm not a mechanic by profession, but have a degree in Automotive engineering.
The Megasquirt bit is for someone who isn't familiar with motormanagement around an 7-8 in ranking I think.
But with all the info available it's do-able. I found the biggest challenge in driving the supercharger.

What advice do you need?

Greetings,
Michel

skuit wrote:Hi Michel75,
I'm very interested with a project like yours and considering to do one. being browsing for quite some time looking for a guidance/advice and finally found this site. would appreciate very much if u could shade some light on the development. are you a mechanic by profession, how would you rank the difficulties in development (1-easy, 10-damn hard). appreciate your advice and help. thank you. :D
skuit
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by skuit »

Hi,
Oh..ok...so i guess you do it by yourself then. how is it running now...? are you prepare it for race or daily driving? i'm consideirng to supercharge my 75ts. but its long way down as at the moment i'm still at the information gathering stage. how to tune it, to source out for the supercharge, mounting, piping etc. like your project:-
1-what CR are you using or are you maintain the standard CR
2-do you change your internal engine components,
3-what boost you running,
4-how do you mount your supercharge,
5-how do you mount the pulley,
6-its look like that you fix your TB at the supercharger intake, is there any specific reason for it, is it any different if you mount it between after intercooler, before intake manifold

i, myself is not a mechanic, only hold a mechatronic degree and been tweaking with car for quite some time, but only weber. back in here, there is no one have done it and my project will be done me and really appreciate if you could guide me thru. thanks so much for your input. looking forward to hear from you.

ps:-hope you can post more picture of you project.
kholman
Site Admin

Post by kholman »

This thread seems to be wandering quite far afield from the purpose of the forum.
See viewtopic.php?f=84&t=22798
Forum Admin Team
madk4speed
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by madk4speed »

Hello. I have bought a MS-II and I am working on it's assembly. It's for a twin spark Alfa 75. I have seen this:

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_ ... htm#2coils

but I am not quite sure how many watts and ohms the resistors needed should be! These 4 extra transistors are going to be the Bosch ones. I intend to used 2 x DIS4 coil packs to run my engine on wasted spark. Any ideas?
DreM
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by DreM »

Hee thats me (at the right with the double window streamer) just cm's behind the hughe compressor with my standard TS ;) ;)

I joined the forum to find out if there is anybody who can help me with my project: MS on my trackday 75 V6 3.0 (L-jetronic)
I'll start my own topic

Nice to see you here dude!
Michel and I know each other well! And he's a jolly good fellow! :yeah!: ;)