Vehicle: 1981 Fiat X1/9
Injection: I retained the stock FI wiring harness and made an adapter plug out of an old Bosch ECU. Pitched the airflow meter and now have a nice piece of 2 1/4 inch exhaust tubing in it's place with the MAT mounted there. New tps with an adapter plate and that was about it.
Comments: A big thanks to Bruce, Al, and everybody!! I built mine from a bare pcb from the last group buy, programmed the chip with no problems, and just got it installed today.My laptop serial port was not up to the task, so I have an inverter powering an old desktop and 14 inch monitor. Keep in mind that this is a
small two seat car!! Started on the first crank, and has been working well since. I have plenty of tuning to do and also the weird tach signal at about 1100 rpm. Thanks again to all who made this possible.
Update: Hi guys, thanks to you all I'm already on the it runs page. But now it runs with a turbo!! It's an '81 Fiat X1/9 1500 that originally had Bosch L-jet. About a year ago I did the MegaSquirt route and cam, compression, header etc... It ran great. A month ago I sold all my conventional hi-po stuff to a friend and sourced a special exhaust manifold and turbo from a similar Euro Fiat motor. MS controls both fuel and spark (EDIS). The stock motor is 75hp, my NA hot rod was 102. My rear end dyno(haven't hit the real one yet) says 135 easy at 7 psi boost now. Still much more tuning to do, but all your MS efforts have made that part very easy.
1 post • Page 1 of 1