Scott Murray, 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5

Post Reply
aikendrum105
MegaSquirt Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Scott Murray, 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5

Post by aikendrum105 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:17 am

Name: Scott Murray (Aikendrum105)
Vehicle: 1985/Alfa/GTV6
Engine: 2.5L , V6.
Injection: Stock Boschies
Description: Red. Ansa Extractors. 164 Tensioner

Many thanks to Peter Webb and Steve Rosser, their excellent posts, guides and tips for LJet -> MS conversions have made this project great fun, and given us a quick solution to any dead-ends we find along the way.

Car runs well, still a little rich around idle and after decel. Tach spikes, Have to enable the wing diode - muck about with R10 to iron those out. Also stumble at 1800-2000 - will look at a MAP filter to sort that one out too. Once that's all done - I'll knock up an AFM bypass and get that thing out of there !

It's fantastic to finally be able to sort the fuelling of this car - the LJet has always been about compromising.

aikendrum105
MegaSquirt Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Update

Post by aikendrum105 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:48 pm

Well, so far it's run for a few days - been tinkering with the VE map to try and settle it down.

Biggest issue was the miss around 1600-1800rpm on half load. After reading the forums, I fitted the Dave cap, made sure my R10 was up to scratch, per Steve's instructions, and generally went around checking the waveform for things I could fix. Cleaned up RPM a lot on the way through this, but the issue turned out to be tiny -negative- rpm spikes, 1600 down to 800 back up to 1600. This was mentioned on the forum, and MSN-E suggested as a fix.

Upgraded to MSN-E firmware - boggled at all the settings, then felt a little depressed at having to basically select 'OFF' for all the new goodies :)

Car runs, but accel is not happening. I think this is because I'm using Megatunix - which doesn't have the MAP vs TPS Accel options which I found today in the updated Megatune for MSN-E. Will try that today and see if that fixes it. (confident thats the issue - car runs just as it does if you run it on standard firmware, instead of MAPdotAE.)

If anyone has an msq for MSN-E for a stock 2.5V6 - I'd appreciate a look :)

Cheers,

Scott.

aikendrum105
MegaSquirt Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Update

Post by aikendrum105 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:59 am

Hi Folks,
just an update - I've put around 2000km on the car since fitting MSNE, I'm still collecting mstweak logs, and generally smoothing out my VE table. Accel/Decel and Overrun settings are pretty much sorted. Have a niggly issue with the car missing during high electrical load, even though it still reads 12.5 at the ECU during the load. I read somewhere that this may be due to low PWM %, and that is something I lowered recently (to find the minimum, then added a few %. I'll add a few more and see if that sorts it)

Apart from that - almost ready to lock the dizzy and see how spark control goes !! I must be a masochist....

Cheers,

Scott.

Post Reply