Renault 21 2.0 "J" Engine MS Extra NA and racing

ariano

Renault 21 2.0 "J" Engine MS Extra NA and racing

Post by ariano »

It is doing Fuel and Spark with extra code.
Reads perfeclty the 44-2-2 wheel using the generic wheel decoder.
Using OEM coil, and distributor, but not the OEM ignition module (will try).
Permanent closed loop using Innovate´s LC-1 wideband.

Engine J7R 2.0 8v
mods:
Race cam
48mm ITB
4-1 Header
.msq file to follow...
omareljach
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Renault 21 2.0 "J" Engine MS Extra NA and racing

Post by omareljach »

Hi, can you please help me i have a Renault 18 GTX and im tring to setup the renix 44-2-2 wheel.

can you please tell how to set it up.

I think the engine is the same one J6R

Thanks Omar
motor_blasphemy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by motor_blasphemy »

finally found somebody with an identical engine :)
i'll contact u on pm

Last edit...it seems i can;t contact anybody...why people just start a new topic and then...nothing? n
forget about...i'll try to keep this topic up if somebody interested
makeeverything
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by makeeverything »

I am building a kit car, with a J7R engine mid-mounted. The car used to have a J7T 2.2 fitted, but now has a J7R.

Instead of a turbo, im fitting a supercharger in order to get a flatter power and torque curve.

I am also looking at the possibilities of Nitrous at this stage, so as to install the fogger nozzles and solenoids for connection at a later date.

Will be using as much functionality as possible, including Knock sensing.

Will keep you posted, but i wil be using MS2 V2.2 with Daughter board = V3.

Some pics to start with.

makeeverything
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by makeeverything »

Following a coupleoffailed botch jobs at getting it off, i finally removed the supercharger pulley with a set of 50 year old pulley removers and some brute force and ignorance.

As suspected, the pulley seems to have been heated in an oven, and shrunk onto the shaft. It was incredibly tight and needed one hell of a lot of force to get it off. The pulley was steel after all, not aluminium and i was surprised considering that the pulley was almost brand new. This is quite comforting though, as this means that the supercharger has had little or no use.

Dont listen to anyone else give you a load of old crap about a special tool for the eaton supercharger. Just a normal pulling tool (Heavy duty tho) will do.

Racing18
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Racing18 »

Hi,

I have a Renault 18 GTX with injection of renault 21 2.2, I will like to change the original controller by a megasquirt unit, mi question is if all sensor can be conected to megasquirt unit?

thanks
motor_blasphemy
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by motor_blasphemy »

u can change the original controller, u can keep IAt and CLT sensors because ms can use any...u don'n nedd originall map because ms have one biult-in, the only thing that u have to change is the TPS, because originally fitted renault is jut a WOT sensor and u need a resistive one(wich u will calibrate on ms in 2 secs)
u can keep the original VR sensor, but i don't know what trigger u have, the renix 44-2-2 works fine

P.S.Makeeverything, nice project, keep up the good work
in my opinion, the j7t is better for turbo application, i use the 2.2l as aspirated on this project and soon a turbo one, but another j7t and not a j7r, because u can gain much torque from 89mm stroke than 82mm stroke...and don;t forget to mount the gadgets for piston cooling, unless u're not a hppy man and don;t have that already:)

Later edit: Sorry, i just saw the cover of the engine, it's a turbo cover so u have the right compression and all that u need, Have FUN!
I have another project to re-built an old mid-mounted car engine(originally fitted with a 1500cmc engine) with a bike engine(yamaha FZS 1000)
Maybe we can help each-other :)
pitufo
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by pitufo »

Hi, i have a renault 18 tx and make a swap to engine 2.2 (j7t) and i want to put the megasquirt to run with turbo, my question is what i need to programing the megassquirt

greetings!!!

P.D. sorry my english isnt good i from Chihuahua, Mexico
kholman
Site Admin

Post by kholman »

pitufo: Please see viewtopic.php?f=99&t=22798
Forum Admin Team