Pierre, 1985, Peugeot 205 GTI, Paris, France.

Pierre
MegaSquirt Newbie

Pierre, 1985, Peugeot 205 GTI, Paris, France.

Post by Pierre »

Name : Pierre

Véhicule : Peugeot 205 GTI

Engine : 1600 cm3, 4 in line, 96 hp on the dyno, direct induction kit, and 4-2-1 inox exhaust manifold.

The car is using megasquirt for fuel instead of the stock Bosch L-Jetronic. The MAF sensor is removed, the ignition is stock.

I'm using DIY-WB and powerdyn (a nice shareware : http://jcdperformance.free.fr/) for tuning. So far I have the same low end torque, but less top end power than stock.

Pierre
Fixing my Pug....

My success story

MS1 V2.2 / MsnsE 024s13 / Megatune 2.25b514
Pierre
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Pierre »

Hello,

Some more informations about my setup.

I have a totally separate wiring from the stock one. I can switch from one to another in a matter of minutes (injector and coolant sensor to echange). On this general view, the 8 connectors for injector are apparent. Sorry for the quality of the picture :

The wiring is going in by a different path to the glove box :

The ignition signal is take directly from the primary of the coil (yellow wire):

The MAP info is taken on the manifold pickup for the pressure regulator :

I don't use the TPS right know, but I have bought a specific adaptator plate with a generic tps :

And just for fun, the reason why I think I should finish by find some HP in this conversion and not just fun :

The pipe is going to replace the MAF ! :D

Pierre
Last edited by Pierre on Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fixing my Pug....

My success story

Pierre
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Pierre »

Hello,

Some more news about my ms. I know now that the stock efi at wot gives an AFR between 12 and 12,5. So I tune the MS with this target instead of the 13/13,5 that I was using for no good reason...

I have tried the stock efi without the stock TPS, that is in fact just a switch for WOT and idle. The difference that I was able to see are that I have no more the decel fuel cut and at WOT, the AFR stays around 15. So I can remove it and still use the stock efi in case of failure of the MS. Just have to fit back the MAF.

Here is my current msq file for megatune 2.2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fixing my Pug....

My success story

Pierre
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Pierre »

Hello,

Here my VE table :

Pierre
Fixing my Pug....

My success story

Pierre
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by Pierre »

Hello,

Some news about my ms. I have pull my harness out to re solder some broken wires :oops: ...
Look "homemade" especially the IAT with gumtape :lol: :

And I just switch to MSnE 24s13 ! Just have made a couple of ride for now, not trying to tune it. I must disconnect the MapDot enrichement for now, and the decel fuel cut seems not to work, but I feel that it's much smoother to drive !! Thanks guys !!

My MSQ :
http://membres.lycos.fr/baillarg/efi/MS ... 041808.msq

I am also looking for the best mileage possible, driving now at around 17/18 AFR during cruise !! Waiting for the next stop to the gas station...

One big datalog :
http://membres.lycos.fr/baillarg/efi/MS ... 042048.xls

Pierre
Fixing my Pug....

My success story

nyabinghi
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by nyabinghi »

Hi,
It's a good work you have made on your GTI. I don't understand why with MS you have less power than with the OEM ECU, may be you have to tune your maps with a Wide Band O² sensor for more accuracy.
I live in Paris too and I have just ordered my first MS ECU (for a corsa A C20XE at first), I hope we will share knowledge soon.

A bientôt
ifcho
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by ifcho »

nice to see other 205GTI fans over here.

I currently have three 205s and I'm preparing one for hilclimbs, trackdays. My plan is to use the ms efi in the same manner you have done.

Hope you will see higher power figures soon :D