Peugeot 205 GTI with XU10J2C (RFX 2.0 8V)

sub
MegaSquirt Newbie

Peugeot 205 GTI with XU10J2C (RFX 2.0 8V)

Post by sub »

Hello,

my rebuilt and tuned engine from a Peugeot 306 is running.

Its an RFX (XU10J2C) 1998cc 8v with 121BHP.
I fitted a custom cam from dbilas with 12mm lift and about 280°, ported and skimmed the head (3/10mm) and put everything with stronger big end bearings together in my 205 GTI.

I'm using a custom MS-Board (with Magnetti Marelli Connector), MS2CPU, AD595-EGT Converter and the original XU9JAZ Inlet pipe with the XU10J2C throttle body. Idle Speed Stepper is working.

The system uses an Innovate LC-1 for AFR sensing.

It has been a bit tricky putting all this together but the car is running fine. Friday i'll tune the maps on a steady state dyno and possible get some more torque.

Fuel consumption of about 8litres/100km is quite good.

sub
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Peugeot 205 GTI with XU10J2C (RFX 2.0 8V)

Post by sub »

today dyno'd the car:

115kw / 156.4ps
188nm @ 5570rpm
nitropixie
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by nitropixie »

Hey good to hear your getting more out of it.

I am currently doing a 1.9GTI with an XU9 engine and an uprated cam. I'm also using MS2 but with EDIS as no trigger on flywheel, boo!!!

I have an uprated cam in it and thought if you wouldn't posting me your fuel and ignition maps that i could use until i get rolling roaded, pretty please.

Also what idle valve are you using?? If its a stepper idle valve off an MI16 or similar then what setup do you have??

Also where di you stick the battery and how is your power steering reservoir held on. I'm currently trying to do this process too. Hopefully it'll be rolling roaded on Monday, if i can finish it with this little bit.

Ryan
sub
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by sub »

the stepper iac i'm using is out of the xsi, thats stock there (marelli injection). the mi16 uses a pwm-valve (bosch). but thats only peripheral, can easily be changed in the config and needs fine tune.

my ignitionmap is finetuned till 5000rpm, upper degrees are only rough, i think there are some more newtons hidden, will do that later after fitting a better knock sensor and detector circuit.

and, remember, the xu9 has a slightly changed head profile, so my maps will probably knock or do something even worse to your engine ;-)

send me your email, i'll mail you them.
naxmon
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by naxmon »

HI Sub,
I am using MSII in a Xantia with a RFX Engine (2.0 8V)
Do you still have the map for your Peugeot? If so could you send it to me?
It would be good to see if I am doing it right, I am a complete newbie...
Thanks in advance,

Nicolas