Dan Houlster, 1994 Isuzu Amigo

Dan Houlster, 1994 Isuzu Amigo

Post by Guest »

Name: Dan Houlster

Vehicle: 1994 Isuzu Amigo

Engine: 2.6l 4 cyl. Garrett VNT-25 turbo @ 15 psi boost

Injection: Bosch external fuel pump. Stock, 29 lb/hr injectors
MSD-6BTM with the stock ECM, but planning to change over to Squirt-N-Spark.

Description: Ok, I've been running my MS for a little over a month now and it's been working flawlessly :)

I'm using a v2.2 board and have a v1.01 board with the flyback &
Wing mods as a backup.

I've been running a turbo for about 5 years with a rising rate FPR, water injection and the MSD-6BTM. It worked, but was far from optimal. The MS is sooooo much better, especially with throttle response. I initially had some intermittant tach spikes that got progressively worse. I found, finally, that it was not an MS wiring issue, but a wiring connector for the MSD tach adapter I'm using that was causing the problem. Tach signal has been rock-steady since fixing that.

The whole MS board building & wiring harness went without a hitch, which is a good testament to MS's simplicity for a beginner to hook up. I acutally built the first board a couple years ago, and the v2.2 board last year and have just now gotten it installed. The docs we have now and the support available from this list is without equal.

Thanks to everyone, and Lance, please add me to your list!
elingeniero
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Dan Houlster, 1994 Isuzu Amigo

Post by elingeniero »

Dan can you help me i will like to know whats the starting map for the 4ze1, my picup is a turbo charged t3t4 with 440 ingectors, cant get it to start.