Ford Mondeo Duratec V6

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
diygti
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Daniel Ridders, Ford Mondeo Duratec V6

Post by diygti »

right now LPG and CNG are controlled by two Landi Renzo Omegas systems which use the injector pulses of the petrol ECU as input. And surprisingly: this also works with MS2, even though it doesn't do sequential injection (and the Omegas are told to be sequential only).
I would like to know as much as possible about your LPG setup. Are you still running the Landirenzo Omegas? Are they the key to using MS with LPG?

Where did you buy these units and how much did they cost?

Do you know of any good forums on LPG?

Thanks!
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by dridders »

No, I'm driving the injectors with the MS for a long time now. The Omegas was just the first step, as I already had converted my engine using them and the stock ECU. So I just left them in and it worked, but of course not as good to set up as with the MS directly. I'm using a largely modified MS2Extra firmware to handle my 3 fuels, but 2 fuels should be possible with stock MS2Extra now as far as I know.
Ok, most parts of the Omegas are still in the car, the only thing I removed is its ECU. I'm using Keihin injectors, Landi Renzo vaporizer, Gas pressure and temperature sensor combined with filter unit. I bought them from a converter here in Germany, it was about 1200 Euro for one conversion kit excluding tank (about 200 Euro). But getting it from Europe would be very expensive for you I suppose, as the parts are not lightweight and so shipping will get very expensive.
I know some forums about LPG, but they all are geman spoken. There's an english newsgroup in the newsnet, I think it is available at google news, but I don't remember the exact name. Something like rec.fuel.alt.lpg or so.
jacques
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jacques »

Hi,

Just to introduce myself : Jacques, 48, from SW of France (Bordeaux...wine), airline pilot, owner of a Mondeo ST200.

I just blown my 2.5L last year and I have now a Mondeo ST220 engine 3.0L. I have the UIM from the 2.5 l with a nautilus performance LIM to meet the oval port.

The fact is that I would like to use a megasquirt to tune my engine and maybe later use a kitcar throtle body.

I would like to know what happens with the car alarm, key antistart and programation, inbord computer when using a MS system (with or without an MS to EEC adaptator)

Thanks for your help.

Jacques
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Ford Mondeo Duratec V6

Post by dridders »

after my second 2.5l blew the head gasket of the rear bank I also switched to a ST220 engine, but including complete upper und lower manifold.
The ST200 has the PATS completely integrated into the EEC-V. So your complete PATS (vehicle immobiliser) will be lost. On the older 2.5 (like my '97) there was an external PATS module behind the glove box. On yours there's only a bridging-connector... you might remove that and plug an old PATS module from 98 and earlier in there... but it's impossible to get it programmed without the correct EEC-V, so you'ld need the red master key to get your keys programmed. And it will only block the starter, but not injection or ignition.
Car alarm is completely independent of the ECU, so it works as before. The bord computer will not show the petrol consumption, as that signal is generated by the EEC-V. Everything else (temperature, (stop)clock, avg speed etc) should work. Maybe petrol consumption could also get working if you send the signal of one or all injectors to the computer.
The MS-to-EEC-adaptor is just a help on assembling... but no help for you, as you would need an EEC-V-adaptor... which was just a prototype and is no longer available.
Last edited by dridders on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jacques
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jacques »

Thanks for your answer. Very helpfull.

I do not really understand for the EEC adaptor : I have seen an adaptator that can be used to connect the MS to an empty EEC box to the oem wiring. Can I do that?

With the MS, I do not need the MAF. So, can I remove the MAF and wires and use a MAP?

Jacques
dridders
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Ford Mondeo Duratec V6

Post by dridders »

The original megasquirt board has a DB37 connector. The adaptor board fits in an EEC-V case and gets the connector from the EEC on the one side, and a DB37 on the other side. It also has a prototype area and some simpler circuits, for example some output and input drivers. But as said... it isn't available anyway, so don't worry about it. You have 2 options, no. 1 is to desolder an EEC-connector from an unused EEC and build an adaptor on your own (solder the wires from the EEC-connector to an DB37), or no. 2 you rebuild the original loom and fit a DB37 connector directly. But no. 1 should be the preferred one, as otherwise you have a hole in the body where it might rain in, and the DB37 isn't sealed against water, it isn't really robust...
MAF isn't needed, even though it should be possible to use it. But most use the MAP, and if you do so you can remove the MAF.
Last edited by dridders on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jacques
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jacques »

Ok, understand.

So my last questions (thanks one more time!)

I am new with megasquirt!

What do I have to buy and where? (I would prefer already built systems)

What do I have to insert or where can I find a program or map?

And can I use individual throtles body (6) as it is a MAP system?
kholman
Site Admin

Post by kholman »

Jacques:
Your best source for those questions would be the MSEFI forums. See viewtopic.php?f=84&t=22798
Forum Admin Team
jacques
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by jacques »

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP