62 Ford Falcon with 331 Stroker - MS2 V3 EDIS8

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

62 Ford Falcon with 331 Stroker - MS2 V3 EDIS8

Post by patrickbrown »

I've been working on MegaSquirting my Falcon. It's not yet running but tought some of you might be interested in my project.

My engine is a 331 stroker based on a later 5.0 block. It has Edelbrock EFI manifold, throttle body, fuel rails, and pico 29lb injectors. I finally finished wiring all the sensors and IAC. I have the injector harness well under way. I'm just waiting for some refill parts for my Weatherpack kit.

I have a LC1 wideband sensor mounted just after the X-pipe in my dual ehaust syste, I was able to verify it's function prior to pulling the old carb and manifold.

I'll be starting out with fuel only and then will switch to EDIS8.
Last edited by patrickbrown on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: 62 Ford Falcon with 331 Stroker - MS2 V3 EDIS8

Post by patrickbrown »

Here are a couple photos.
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by patrickbrown »

Well, as of today it is running. It was so exciting to see all of these work come together. I was surprised as to how easy it started. I connected the laptop, set some of the basic settings, turned the key and it started. I stopped and started the engine four or five times from cold all the way to fully warm. It started easily each time. I was thrilled. It idles at about 1050 RPM. I made a change to the IAC settings and now it idles nicely at 900 RPM.

There is still plenty of tuning to do.

This is a fuel only setup. I wanted to get it running that way before tackling the EDIS8 stuff.

Some remaining tasks:

1) Wire fuel pump properly so it isn't on all the time.
2) Wire the electric fan control into the MS2.
3) Install EDIS8 ignition.
4) TUNE-TUNE-TUNE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by patrickbrown »

My electric fan is wired and working well. It switches on at 175F.

I'v been tuning the startup, warmup, and idle settings. It starts from cold on the first try now and runs good. The accel enrichment needs a little work. I'll try some short drives out on the street with autotune this weekend.
matthunter1448
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by matthunter1448 »

this is great to know i am building a 347 stroker with a t76 turbo soon so.. thanks for a decent base map ish lol
car looks good
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by patrickbrown »

Thanks for the comments.

I turbo would be fun. Hmmm. Maybe I should build a twin turbo based on a Dart block.
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by patrickbrown »

I have the idle tuned about as good as it will get. The cold and warm start is done for now. I connected the fuel pump properly and I even cleaned up the old factory wiring. I guess I need to get out on the road and see what the other areas of the VE table do.
matthunter1448
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by matthunter1448 »

sounds like a plan would love to see how your map is when u get it betterly tuned and stuff are u using closed loop idle or just pwm warmup
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by patrickbrown »

I finally got back to this project and upgraded my system to MS2-Extra version 3.33. I'm pleased to see how the new idle valve control works now. I switched mine to home closed. The engine is running and idling well. I need to get out on the road and see how the tune looks when cruising.
patrickbrown
MegaSquirt Newbie

Post by patrickbrown »

More tuning tonight. I had forgotten to calibrate the sensors. That is now done and I'm fine tuning my VE and AFR maps. Then on to accel and warmup settings. MSextra is a big improvement.