Ford Kent X-flow MS2 PCB3.0 files?

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Merkur, etc.
not-a-number
MegaSquirt Newbie

Ford Kent X-flow MS2 PCB3.0 files?

Post by not-a-number »

Im in the process of installing yamaha r6 throttle bodies on my x flow using a megasquirt 2 and edis4. Iv just finished the ecu and it is up and running. I dont have the stimulator so have only been able to test MAP and throttle position. Im just doing bench testing at the moment and it will go in the car shortly.

Its got Monitor_v2.920.abs.s19 firmware and tunerstudio 2.08 with megasquirt-II_2920.ini

I want to use ms2_extra.s19 and megasquirt-ii.ms2extra.ini. The firmware flashes fine but it wont connect in tunerstudio gives a serial error. This I assume I should ask on the msextra.com forum.

What im looking for at the moment is a base table for ignition and fuel. Does anyone have anything that would make for a good starter?

Cheers
rubadubtub
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Ford Kent X-flow MS2 PCB3.0 files?

Post by rubadubtub »

Hi ,
If you know/find your injector flow rate, you can use the calculated fuel table generator, this in most cases will get you running, for spark simply mimic an old x flow dizzy, you can refine once you are driving, my advice is buy an innovate wideband lambda (lm2 would be my choice) feel free to pm or mail me, are you in the uk ?
ms must have been designed for turbocharging!
go on, fit a turbo "you know you want to"
not-a-number
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Ford Kent X-flow MS2 PCB3.0 files?

Post by not-a-number »

Thanks for the info rubadubtub. Apparently the flow rate is 235cc/min but not %100 sure. Are you using msextra? I am having a lot of troubles with it, it wont connect, just gives a none connection serial error. But I dont have that problem with the Monitor_v2.920.abs.s19 firmware. Im using a Prolific 2303 which people have said works fine.

I dont know much about the software and tuning yet as im still getting things to work but im reading up on it.

Do you have a xflow?

Im in New Zealand.