Mods are as follows; ATS TD06 turbo kit, intake, full 3" open exhaust
Ms info: MSnS 029y (MS1), V3 board, EDIS
I finally feel that it is running reliably and well enough now to call it a "success!"
I still need to finish up some hardware things like switching the IAC resistor pack wires so I can use closed loop, debugging my knock circuit, and setting up water injection and a supplemental fuel injector.
EDIT: 98 Mazda 626 4-cyl plug wires are a near perfect fit!
I have posted my latest msq and a brief datalog. That was the first time getting into boost on MS!
Stay tuned for updates!
I cannot remember the breakdown voltage of the zener diode, but I think it was like 18v. I havn't had the time to experiment with different zeners. Oh yeah, I basically made a cable with the diodes heatshrinked in and soldered one end to the coils and soldered a small terminal on the other end and stuck it in the stock igniter plug (pin 4, I believe) for the tach.
The msq that I origionally posted is a bit advanced across the board on ignition timing, and at the time my missing tooth was way off so I had a huge offset on timing. I have repositioned the VR sensor and now I'm only about 10 degrees off.
At the moment I have installed extra injectors and need to put the intake manifold back on, then pressure test the new a2w setup, then maybe I can drive it again!
First off, I have a new knock circuit that I have not tested. Second, I discovered that I was getting some wierd baro readings in my logs and figured out that I need to pause and let MS boot before cranking...never seen this issue anywhere else and I'm quite baffled by it. Third, I started tuning into boost.
Oh yeah, I'm almost at 192k miles!