Anyone with MSII on 96 Range Rover 4.0 HSE

streetrover
MegaSquirt Newbie

Anyone with MSII on 96 Range Rover 4.0 HSE

Post by streetrover »

Hello,

Brand new here and need some help. Trying to start MSII system on a 1996 Range Rover 4.0 HSE engine. I'm using all the stock items (TPS, Trigger-wheel and sensor, injectors, etc.) but the MSII ECU. I get consistent spark from only one coil pack (2 cylinders) and occasionally a spark on one other coil. I'm not sure if I have a problem with my settings, crank sensor, or wiring. HELP!

Thanks,
Bob
Paul_VR6
Helpful Squirter

Re: Anyone with MSII on 96 Range Rover 4.0 HSE

Post by Paul_VR6 »

I'm just starting to do research to put it on my 96 Disco.. but I've squirted tons of other vehicles. Do you know the crank wheel configuration? Does it use a missing tooth? Are you using the cam sensor? You try taking any trigger logs to see what the MS thinks its getting?
-Paul
1995 GTI VR6 12.833@105
2.8l 12v on MS1-3.57/HR10G - retired
3.2l 24v on MS3 - beta test completed - retired
??? on MS3/3x/IOx/? next up...K&P Performance - KPTuned.com
streetrover
MegaSquirt Newbie

Re: Anyone with MSII on 96 Range Rover 4.0 HSE

Post by streetrover »

Okay, here's the update:
Turns out I made a soldering mistake on the Megasquirt db15 connector. That mistake has been fixed. Fired up engine and IT RUNS! Next step...find a .msq file already dialed-in (or at least close) to my engine specs. Again, here's what I'm running...Megasquirt II ECU, firmware version 2.1.0, stock '96 4.0 litre HSE Range Rover engine. Can anyone help?