Kyle Verploegen, 1990 Mazda Miata

Fulltilt
MegaSquirt Newbie

Kyle Verploegen, 1990 Mazda Miata

Post by Fulltilt »

I got my NA 1990 running last night. The guys over on the miataturbo.net forums helped me out a lot. They have a section devoted to MS. I started with the MegaMiata pinout found here from MX5KC. I am running it piggyback to the stock ECM and running fuel only. I am using a GM IAT and the stock Mazda coolant sensor. I messed around with EasyTherm for a while, but found that using the standard 2.49K R7 resistor and the standard values for the GM sensor are close enough for me right now. Getting it running is more important than messing with accurate coolant readings IMHO. I initially spliced the blue/yellow tach wire to pin 24 on the DB37 with a 1K ohm resistor, but it still took away my factory tach signal. I guess if you use more 1K ohm resistors, that should do it, but they talked me into making the input board mods and hooking it to the stock CAS (cam angle sensor). So I had to load MSnS, but they walked me through it. If you go over there, read a thread called "Unsuccessful first attempt". I haven't even started tuning yet, but I couldn't wait to post this here. I built my MS over a year ago and just now got around to installing it, so this has been a long time coming!