RNash
MegaSquirt Newbie

Roger Nash , 1969 Mustang Coupe, 351W

Post by RNash »

Name: Roger Nash
Vehicle: 1969 Mustang coupe
Engine: 351 W - .30 over with a mild cam
Injection: Holley 650cfm TBI w\ 2 85lb injectors
Description: A nice ride made better by MegaSquirt! 351W, factory power disc brakes, factory Air, FMX auto, 9” 3.0 rear axle.

After over 2 years of on-again / off-again, the 69 Mustang is finally running on Megasquirt. It started on the first try! In just a few minutes it was idling better than with the carburetor. I still need to do some fine tuning, but I can not believe how well it runs with hardly any changes from Bruce’s 350 VE table. It already runs stronger and smoother than I thought it would.

I reused the stock 2 barrel manifold with a homemade adapter to bolt on the Holley 650 CFM TBI with two 85 lb injectors. It is hidden under a chrome air cleaner for a stock look. Fuel is delivered at 15psi by an E2000 pump from an 86 Ford F150 through the stock 3/8 fuel line. The 5/16 return line is tied into the drain plug location in the tank. I used GM sensors; the coolant sensor mounted in place of the ford “thermal vacuum controller” in the intake manifold; the air temp sensor is in the base of the air cleaner. The V2.2 CPU is under the dash pad in the speaker location, the relay board is on the passenger kick panel. As of now, I am still running V3.0 code with vacuum advance timing and a Pertronix ignition module. When everything looks good I plane to switch to the MegaSquirt'nSpark-Extra code and control the timing also.

I will add more details and photos later.

Thanks Bruce and Al for Megasquirt and thanks to everyone for the help supplied by the forums, especially Lance for the great documentation.

I’ve learned a lot. :D
RNash
MegaSquirt Newbie

1969 Mustang photos

Post by RNash »

Photos of My 69 Mustang
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
efahl
Site Admin

Post by efahl »

Roger,

I almost asked for pictures last night, but I was too tired to post... You must have been reading my mind. Nice ride.

Eric