I haven't taken a look at the battery voltage comp yet.... I'm still piecing together a good base accel enrichment scheme for the big lunger. I'm really close now though. Lots of things I haven't even touched yet..... like secondary fuel and ignition loads. If I need more resolution it is surely there. So far I'm having way too much fun riding the thing..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N93vF8NfhF0
I use Alpha-N and SD additive, so as I saw your other post in MSExtra, I thought I'd show you these, which are early days yet and based on my GTS1000 stuff off the dyno. They are probably well rich, and have been so far. I have only gone to about sub 4000 rpm on the wideband sensor, and most of the recent work is around 70-50 kPa. Idle is between 800-1100 bins and 75-65kPa.mxrob wrote:...Lots of things I haven't even touched yet..... like secondary fuel and ignition loads....
It is, especially compared to carbs on twins and fours. The changes are faster, the feedback is quicker, and you soon get a grin or a frown. Trouble is most folk get a little lost just doing carbs on a dyno, and there are so many things to play with when that Microsquirt is hooked up to a laptop, you can easily lose yourself!mxrob wrote:.. the last dyno run I did a couple months ago I was yanking carbs and re-jetting. This is going to be a lot more fun.
The nice bit for me was riding the bike home afterwards, as your seat of the pants might be the worst dyno in the world, but if your braking harder, you must be travelling faster, and there is only one reason for that.
PS No dyno for me until the shaft is made good, but it gives me time to sort out a camera mount for the bike.
I must admit watching the AFR and tweaking the ASE, & then WUE is quite satisfying, and I am getting a little closer, although I am noting the Battery Voltage & PW info more. I also found the scaling options in TunerStudio very useful, as I can increase the resolution of the curve easier, which is more useful for small engined motorcycles.
I still need to work on the Injector Battery Voltage Compensation, but I did tweak the Cranking Pulsewidths, lower the Cranking RPM settings, to try and get a faster start up. Just dropping the cranking RPM made a difference on hot starts. I also need to increase this some more on cold starts, or look at the priming pulsewidths, as if I hook up the MicroSquirt, crack the throttle, power up the MicroSquirt & bike, it doesn't want to fire and sustain...yet if I switch it off, and switch it on again, it starts very quickly, and holds on the ASE/WUE phases.
I might even look at the VETable1, because I have created a 400 rpm bin for creating a very slow idle experiment, and I can achieve similar results using this I think, especially if I lower the cranking rpm default value.
I don't think it is this as if I swap ECU for OEM on the GTS1000, I get the same behaviour with the cased MicroSquirt, and no issue with the Yamaha ECU. I think another day will get better results, and I have a few other things I can try.mxrob wrote:... Are you sure your fuel system is seep free? if air is getting into your pressure line somehow a couple shots might be necessary to get all the air out...
A fresh battery, and I was up and running. Bike fired up straight away, so the priming pulse increases have helped, but it died straight after. I then noticed I had got too much fuel, as the AFR was way low, so a quick tweak, and it was normal business. As the biked warmed up I kept reducing the fuel to reduce the richness, and it's amazing how much over fuelling the bike can tolerate.
I tried a little VELive on VETable2, and it started to lean out some more, but when I burn in TunerStudio it stalls the engine, so I was becoming aware of the hot start cranking times. I'd thought I would experiment, and one of things I did was look at the AFR spikes under cranking. I lowered the cranking RPM and it made a marginal difference, and then I had a thought...what if I raised the cranking RPM to well above starter cranking speed. Bingo, I reset the ASE to 0%, so it wouldn't affect things, read the AFR, as I cranked the bike at 280-350 rpms as it tried to catch. I changed the cranking pulses to alternate, as the engine was well rich I lowered the cranking pulse widths until the AFR went up, and it made a difference. Unfortunately, I got as little carried away, and it now takes slightly longer from hot, then when I started. One step forward, two back, but at least I saved the previous tune, so I can start again.
Yeah, I give my bike a bit of a rev before I burn so I don't hammer my battery to death when making changes. I had a pretty old lead acid battery in there when I got the bike running on fuel. Didn't take long for it to give up the ghost with repeated starts. I have a lithium pack with four A123 cells in there now.24c wrote: I tried a little VELive on VETable2, and it started to lean out some more, but when I burn in TunerStudio it stalls the engine, so I was becoming aware of the hot start cranking times.
Sounds like you are making good progress. The "steps forward database" is important to add to.